Reader x Rin Okumura

"Christmas"

"Happy birthday!" Father Fujimoto and the other monastery staff yelled to a smiling Rin and Yukio. Today was their birthday; well technically. Their actual birthday had been two days ago, but why not celebrate Christmas and their birthdays together, right? Rin notices you lurking in the hall and runs out to get you. You were sitting up against the wall, fast asleep.

"(Y/n)-chan! (Y/n)-chan! Wake up! Happy birthday!" Rin whisper yells at you, shaking your body gently. You stretch your arms and sit up, groggily looking a the dark haired teenager. "What?" You ask. Rin grabs both your hands and pulls you up. He grins at you and leads you into the light filled kitchen. You groan at the sudden brightness but your (e/c) eyes adjust fairly quickly.

"Hm? What's this about?" You ask, staring at the Christmas cake. "That look delicious!" You exclaim soon after. Rin cuts and hand you piece with a fork. You cut a bite with the fork and put it in your mouth. Your eyes sparkled as soon as you did.

"This is amazing!" You exclaim, your mouth full of cake, even though it sounded more like, "His iz amajing!" Father Fujimoto chuckles and puts a hand on your shoulder as Rin blushes and scratches the back of his head.

"Happy birthday, (y/n)!" You smile at him, at everyone.

"Who made the cake?" Rin grins from ear to ear and points to himself.

"I did, (y/n)-chan!" You go over and hug him tightly.

"Thanks for remembering. You're a really good cook, Rin-kun!" Rin only hugs you back and chuckles.

~

Present opening time was over and it was almost midnight. Rin leaned close to you and whispered in your ear, "Come with me, (y/n)-chan. I've got a special present just for you." You nod and follow Rin into his bedroom where he closes the door.

You sit on his bed and await his present.

Rin pops into his desk drawers for a moment and pulls out a small rectangular box. He comes and sits next to you, placing the box in your hands.

"Go on, open it." And so you did. Much to your surprise, you found a gold necklace. The pendant was a silver heart with mini little diamond hearts in the hollowed out center. You were at loss for words.

Rin smiled at that.

"Do you want me to put it on for you?" He asks and you nod. Rin takes it gently out of the case and brings it around your neck, moving your hair out of the way (if you have hair past earlobes). He finishes and turns back to you.

"Do you like it? I mean, I looked everywhere for the perfect one for you, and was kicked out of almost every one," he rambled on. You giggle a little. Rin stops talking and focus' on you.

"I love it, but why did you buy it for me?"

"Because I wanted to buy one for you. I'd thought it'll look great on you, but I was wrong," Rin pauses, "it looks absolutely beautiful on you." You blush and look down, smiling.

"I have another present for you. If you would look up please."

Curious, you look up to find a pair of sweet, soft lips pressed gently, yet passionately against yours. Your senses were overwhelmed and you were confused. Yet you knew one thing,

Rin Okumura is such a sweet person.