The border of sanity

What if I told you that there is only one me? Would you believe me? Of course you would, I mean why wouldn't you? Yet, if I told you the opposite, you would say I am delusional.

If that is the case, might I ask you why you did believe me at first?

Your answer to that question is quite obvious: because every person is unique and there is only one of each of us. Isn't that the answer you just unconsciously gave? I am sure it is.

"How am I so certain?" I hear you asking. Well, that isn't so hard, now is it? People are quite predictable, and in some way, they are all the same: everyone has biases, and everyone will try to deny it at first.

Back in the days, I was like that too, until a certain moment. At that moment I found myself at the border of sanity. It is a rather scary place if you have never been there before.

The thing is, when I looked back at the road I had taken, I... well, I realised something. I realised that I had been caught up in this monochrome world for as long as I could remember, while never really knowing it.

At the moment I had found this out, I was eager to leave this world behind and take a new road, to a new place. I didn't know what was yet to come, but I didn't care. All I cared about was getting out of this place, so I stepped over the border.

Once I had crossed the line, I couldn't believe what I was seeing. A land filled with beautiful, bright colours. If I were to describe this place, I would say it is a land that even surpasses your wildest dreams.

Even so, people would say I am insane for leaving my old world behind, and that is why we call this: the land of 'insanity'. Although I live in this land of insanity, I am not delusional, and with that said, I would like to return to the beginning of this story.

Would you believe me if I told that you there isn't only one of you?

I am afraid that you would still not believe me, but if that is indeed the case, might I ask you to look around you? What do you see?

You are probably caught up in a sea of busy places, where every day feels the same, and let me tell you, you aren't the only one who is caught up in this place. Every single person in your world of sanity, is like that or rather, like you.