Tradgety

CHAPTER 3

I woke up at about 8 am and dimitri had already left for his shift. I looked down at my hand at the beautiful white gold ring with two small diamonds and a big princess cut ruby in the middle. I smiled as i remembered last night. The restaurant,and then back at the apartment. I loved dimitri so much and i couldn't wait to be his wife. Rose belikov...roza belikova... rosemarie belikov... mrs belikov. I liked the sound of that. I made my way to the kitchen and started making my breakfast then making my way to lissa's.

Once i got there lissa had books and magazines filled with everything you needed to know about planning a wedding.

Alright! Said lissa, she was way too enthusiastic for 9 in the morning.

As your maid of honor my duty is to make sure nothing goes wrong at you wedding, oh! And i have a few color schemes planned you that i want you to look through.

whoah lissa!, i don't even know when or where we're getting married yet let's start with that, but first let me talk it over with dimitri because his opinion matters too liss.

So what were your ideas for the venue? Asked lissa.

I don't know i wanted to talk to dimitri about having it in russia but i don't want you anywhere that's not surrounded by wards so maybe just a small ceremony and a reception here at court but nothing fancy.

That sounds wonderful rose, who else were you gonna ask to stand up?

Well probably mia and jill and i'd like sydney to also.

Has dimitri talked about groomsmen?

Well we just got engaged last night but i did hear him mention christian.

Wow rose this is gonna be the wedding of the century, exclaimed lissa. Your both dhampirs and your charges are the best man and maid of honor.
Yea its gonna be interesting but i'm not sure if dimitris family can make it out here, we can only afford to fly olena out and maybe yeva too.

Do your parents know? Asked lissa.

I'm pretty sure my dad does because dimitri was with him in russia so i'm guessing he asked his permission even though i've known the man for just a couple months. My mother on the other hand.. Well let's just say the great janine hathaway has a habit of getting worked up over the littlest things, i don't know if it's the red hair of the scottish heritage but that woman has one heck of a temper. The rest of the day i stood on a wall by lissa during all of the boring royal meetings she had to attend. Christian walked in at the end of the meeting with dimitri walking next to him. Dimitri and i escorted lissa and christian home and made our way to our apartment.

After a hot shower dimitri and i snuggled into bed and fell asleep. I woke up in the middle of the night alone. I heard movement in the kitchen and walked down to find dimitri sitting at the table drinking tea, he looked like hes been crying.

Dimitri what's wrong? He looked at me with those sad brown eyes that have turned red from all the crying.

It's mama, she's in the hospital. Vika called me and said she was in an accident and the doctors are not sure if she's gonna make it.

By this point i was crying too, olena was like a mother to me and we didn't even have time to tell her about the engagement.

I'll start packing were going to russia,

no rose we can't, we can't just abandon our charges remember, they come first.

No dimitri FAMILY comes first, Lissa and christian will understand. actually, they would be mad if we didn't go.

That's true, he said.

Ok dimitri why don't you start packing and i'll call liss.

I dialed lissa's number, hello? She said groggily, hey liss something has happened with dimitris mom we need to be on the next flight to omsk.

lissa gasped, Yes of course i have plenty of guardians here at court, go ahead i'm booking one of my private jets now.

Thank you liss, i'll see you soon. I hung up and fetched one of my suitcases and started stuffing all of my clothes in it, dimitri was taking each piece of my clothing out and folding it. I looked at his suitcase,
you're a very neat packer,

and you honey are a horrible one, he said. We hopped in the suv and headed to the airport where lissa was waiting. She enveloped me in a hug,

rose what happened to olena?

She was in a car accident, they're not sure if she's gonna make it.

Well whatever they need just tell me, i'm not short on money rose so don't be afraid to ask.

Ok ill let you know liss, i have to go. Be safe you two!

And we were off to russia