Betrayal

CHAPTER 6

So you just left?, asked my mother.

I had to, i love dimitri so much but i can't take something like that away from him. His Sisters have children and i know he wants one too.

What about guarding lissa?

I'm going back soon but i just need a break, i need to think.

You need to talk to belikov, my dad said in a stern voice.

I will soon i just-

my father cut me off, call him now rosemarie! He handed me his phone and i dialed the number.

I was glad he told me to use his phone because with my plan i would be paying thirty dollars just to talk for thirty minutes. He picked up on the first ring,

abe? He said into the phone,

"no it's me"

roza thank god i was worried sick! Where are you? I hesitated for a minute, should i tell him?

At my father's house in turkey.

Roza please... come home so we can talk. He sounded so worried, like he hadn't slept in days

I just need time dimitri.

I just need to know your ok roza.

I'm fine, i didn't like lying to him.
_________________________
The first two days with my parents was "interesting". When you spend your whole life neglected by your mother and never knowing your father it makes you question your actual existence.
Why did they give me up?
did they not want me in the first place?
i took a walk around the house since i never got a proper tour. I passed a courtyard garden and sat for a while. Abe had planted roses all over the courtyard.

"I planted them after your mother left with you."

I whipped my head around to see abe standing there, a stray tear rolled down his cheek.

You wanted me.

"I did"

Why did you let us leave then

Your mother convinced me that it was in your best interest.

I was silent, i mean what could i possibly say?

He gestured for me to follow him and we walked to the east wing of the house. He led me to a door, it was white with intricate red and gold roses hand painted on it. He opened it and i couldn't help but start to cry.

The room was decorated gold and white with red roses painted on the walls. A cradle stood in the center of the room with delicate writing on it,

"Rosemarie"

This was my room. All this time i could have had a family but you and mom abandoned me.

Darling it wasn't like that-

Why? If you really wanted me then why? Why didn't you stop her!

I didn't have time rose. She took you i the middle of the night and left. I had no choice but to leave her be. She left me a note saying she didn't want you involved in my business ordeals and that it was best if you were just kept away from both of us.

All my life i've wondered what it'd be like to have a family, to love someone, maybe to have someone to love me back!

Rose i -

No! You can't say or do anything to make this better, i- i have to go. I ran to my room and slammed the door shut. I can smell him still, it's like i never left, i feel his presence in the room so i must be hallucinating. I need him, i need dimitri here. I need someone to hold me.

Roza?

I turned around. Maybe i really am hallucinating ? hes here, staring at me with those beautiful brown eyes.

Dimitri.