The master

It's been almost a week since i last arrived at the Edwin manor. I still longed for going back home. My thirst for freedom grew by the day, as I yearned desperately for seeing mother and Salin. I would always cry at the thought of never seeing them again and once in while jennet made an effort to comfort me.

I hated living in the house, I hated the master and being his slave. A few days ago Damien had informed all the staffs about the up coming event taking place. All the staffs were busy cleaning up the place as guest would be arriving soon. According to Jennet every year the master held a blood banquet where vampires from all over would come. I honestly didn't care about the banquet, all I could think of was my escape.

"Isn't it great..." Jennet chuckled as she took a bucket of water. I didn't even notice she was done with the windows.

"I don't know...it's not of importance to me" I sighed as I took my bucket and we both walked across the hall.

"It's a very special event for us...you see we hardly have people who come to visit" she explained.

"That's probably because your master is as cold as ice and his a vampire" I sarcastically added with a smirk on my face.

"Well...when you put it that way..." She giggled. Jennet and I really got along. She seemed to know a lot about the master and was always positive.

For the past few days master had requested she train me and show me how things were done around the house. I didn't mind, it was an opportunity to get away from his presence. After Attending to all of masters needs, I would spend the rest of the day with her. Some how she made me feel less homesick.

As we walked into a corridor, I caught glimpse of someone at the end of the passage. It was sir Jerrid, the man whom my mother had sold me to. Somehow I could never forget his face. He was standing at the front entrance along with master Damien.

"Ah...Nara come over here" he stated waving his hand. I quickly handed my bucket to jennet and ran over towards the two men.

"Sir Jerrid...master?" I nodded to show respect. I had learned a great deal from jennet and she had told me to always nod upon greeting the master.

"Ahm!..." Jerrid cleared his throat, reminding master of our presence. It was very unusual to see the master lost in thought, he was standing there as though his mind was in another world.

"A very special guest will be arriving soon..." The master spoke, he turned and faced me as my eyes met his sea blue eyes. "You are to welcome her and attend to her every need" he added as he brushed his hands into his blonde nearly white colored hair.

"As you wish..." I replied. I had gotten so use to being obedient that I felt like I've been serving him for years. For the past few days the master hardly ever spoke to me, and he would only speak when he needed something done. I tried as much as possible not to break his rules and somehow everything seems to be going smoothly.

It wasn't long and I could hear footsteps in the front porch. In the blink of an eye Jerrid was at the door and he quickly swung it open, revealing a very beautiful lady.

"Hello my love..." She stated upon entering the house, as sir Jerrid held the door and ushered her in. She had a pale skin, light brown hair and emerald green eyes. She was quite the beauty, her full red lips went well with her blood red colored gown, which suited her perfectly.

"Rose..." Damien spoke as she approached him. She was the guest master mentioned earlier, I could see why he was lost in thought.

"It's been a while my love" she replied as she rapped her arms around his neck, pulling him in a warm embrace. Damien did not move but rather place his right hand around her back. A lousy attempt to return the hug, I presumed.