The master

I felt a wet cloth drape over my skin. It felt cold as it was gently dabbed against my forehead, I slightly let out sigh and gently opened my eyes. Warm green, caring eyes welcomed me, I blinked to adjust my vision.

"M-master James?" I spoke upon seeing his face. He held a bowl of water in one hand and a brown clean cloth on the other. I quickly turned my head and scanned the room. There were wooden shelves everywhere, filled with all sorts of books. "Relax...your safe" he softly spoke as he gently placed  the cloth on my forehead. James was so nice and caring, he was nothing like his brother. They were too different, he never cared if a person was a slave, he did what he felt was right and for that I greatly thanked him.

"What about master Damien" I asked with much worry in my tone. The last thing I recalled was  the master piercing his teeth against my skin. I subconsciously moved my wrist, as I remembered the excruciating pain.

"His resting...but you seem well rested" James chuckled as he helped me up. "You most be Hungary...come along" he stated as he walked toward the door with the bowl in his hand. I quickly followed him from behind, He was so nice I nearly found it impossible to believe he was related to the master. We walked across a hall way that was dimly lit by candles, there were paintings placed on the wall. We took a left turn and slowly a dining table came into view. It was round and small with two chairs, it had a tray filled with all sorts of fruits placed on the centre . My stomach immediately grumbled upon the display of fresh delicious fruits.

"Please...have a sit" James offered me a sit, I was so surprise upon his kind gesture. I pulled the wooden chair and made myself comfortable. I watched Him as he poured some soup into a bowl, there was steam coming off the soup. He placed it on a metal tray with two slices of bread.

"Here...it's not much but I hope you can manage" he stated as he placed the tray in front of me. "Thank you" I added, the bowl of soup smelled nice as I could sense the chicken aroma. It was chicken soup and a small smile curled on my lips.

"Please eat up" he gestured as he sat on the opposite chair. I slowly took a sip and an immediate burst of flavor engulfed my mouth. He sat there and watched me as I slowly devoured my meal. I couldn't help but feel guilty, it was all my fault his brother almost lost his life and here he was being all nice to me, I couldn't take his kindness any longer.

"Why are you being so nice to me?" I finally spoke after swallowing a mouth full of chicken and bread. "It's because of me master almost-" I spoke with much guilt but I was soon cut off by him.

"Don't be too hard on yourself Nara...what's done is done..." he reassured me. Suddenly it struck me...how did he know my name? I recalled clearly that I was interrupted by Damien and so was not able to tell him my name.

"How did you know my name ?..." I asked with much curiosity. "I never recalled telling you my name" I added. He smiled a little and folded his arms.

"When you came here with Damien... Weren't you surprise that he never knocked on the door or how I was able to find you in the middle of town last night?". He paused as though he was waiting for my response. I didn't say a word but rather had a confused expression plastered on my face.

"I can read peoples thoughts..." Immediately my eyes widened in amazement. According to James some vampires are gifted with certain abilities and he was one of those unique vampires.

"Wow...that's amazing sir" I complimented him. "How about master?...does he have  such abilities?" I anxiously asked.

"Well...you should ask him yourself" he chuckled at my curiosity. A frown slowly grew on my face as I was well aware that I would not dare ask the master. "I rather not" I implied bringing my head down, glancing at my soup once more.