01

About Five Years Later - Alisha's POV

I woke up to the sound of my alarm clock going off playing the sweet melody of ' Power of Love by Gabrielle Aplin'.

' When the chips are down i'll be around

With my undying death defying love for you

Envy will hurt itself

Let yourself be beautiful, sparkling lights, flowers and pearls, and pretty girls

Love is like an energy

Rushing in, rushing inside of me

Hmmmmmm . . . . '

I hit the button with my hand to make it stop.

Uh, school.

Junior Year, it sucked, at least i'll be closer to the end of high school.

I got out of bed and headed towards the bathroom that my sister probably turned into her own personal beauty parlor. I got there to find my sister completely out of sight, weird. I did my makeup and hair then cleaned up the mess I had made.

Once I was done I went to my closet to pick out my outfit. I opened my closet to find a shirt front and center with pants and shoes right next to it, Caroline. I picked up the outfit and saw that she picked out a Tan Lace Top with Light Blue Skinny Jeans and some Light Brown Lace-Up Wedge Booties. I went over to my jewelry box and grabbed Pink Rose Earrings and My Mother's Necklace, I also grabbed a pink Watch with a Moulded Floral Bouquet of Pink Roses. I also put on my signature Lapis Lazuli Ring.

I grabbed my phone and bag and went downstairs. I got into the kitchen and grabbed a apple then went out the door and walked up to my car. It's a Bentley silver wings that I got In New York with my dad.

I got in my car and pulled out of the drive way and down the road. In a couple of minutes I could see the school and was in the parking lot. I got out of my car and saw a red porsche 356 coupe pull into the spot a few cars away from me.

I watched as a brown haired boy got out and looked around taking in his surroundings. I stopped staring and walked past him and closer to the school. I could feel his eyes on the back of my head. I slowly turned around and looked in his direction. He slowly moved his eyes down to my hand then began to look up again. Before he could see me staring I turned around and continued my way to the schools front doors.

I got into the school and went to my locker. I grabbed my history books and closed my locker.

I headed to class but stopped when I saw Bonnie and Elena looking into the office. I walked up to them to see what they were looking at.

"What we looking at?" I questioned looking at Bonnie then Elena.

They jumped but responded after a few seconds.

"Oh, hey Ali, apparently we're looking at 'Mr. Hot Back' as Bonnie put it."

"Oh, okay"

I looked back up at the new kid and recognized the leather jacket he was wearing. It was the kid from the parking lot with the red Porsche 356 coupe.

I saw Elena take off out of the corner of my eye. I turned in her direction and watched her take off after her brown haired little brother.

I was in history and watching Elena and Stefan, Mr Hot Back, steal glances every once in a while.

"Once our home state of Virginia joined confederacy in 1861, it created a tremendous amount of tension within the state. People in Virginia's northwest region had different ideals than those from the traditional deep south. Then Virginia divided in 1863 with the northwest region joining the union. . . " Mr. Tanner started talking but I zoned out after a while.

I stared at Elena, who was right in front of me, then she looked down at her phone trying to be sneaky. I peeked over her shoulder and saw she was texting Bonnie.

From-Bonnie:
HAWT-E. STARING AT U.

Elena looked up from her phone and turned to look at Stefan. I looked at Matt and saw him looking between Elena and Stefan. I felt bad for him, Elena and him were dating before her parents died, then she broke it off.

Mystic Grill

"His name is Stefan Salvatore. He lives with uncle up at the old Salvatore Boarding House. He hasn't lived here since he was a kid. Military family, so they moved around a lot. He's a Gemini, and his favorite color is blue." Caroline explained to me and Bonnie as we walked to a booth.

"You got all of that in one day?" I asked my sister before Bonnie could.

"Oh, please, I got all that between third and fourth period. We're planning a June wedding." Caroline said all dreamily.

We sat down at a booth and a little bit after we sat down Matt joined us. I smiled at him as he sat down, which he returned. We sat in silence for a moment until Matt started talking to Bonnie.

" How's Elena doing?" Matt asked with a small smile on his face.

"Her mom and dad died. How do you think? She's putting on a good face, but it's only been four months." Bonnie said trying to make him feel better.

"Has she said anything about me?" Matt asked.

"Oh, no. So not getting in the middle. You pick up the phone and call her." Bonnie said trying to get out of it.

"I feel weird calling her. She broke up with me."

"Give it more time, Matt." Bonnie encouraged.

I looked up and saw Elena walk in with Stefan. Out of the corner of my eye I saw Matt's smile fall off his face.

"More time, huh?"

Matt got up and walked over to where they were standing.

A little while later Elena and Stefan came over and sat down. Not even a minute they sat down Caroline started interrogating him.

"So, you were born in Mystic Falls?" Caroline asked him."Mm-Hmm. And moved when I was still young." Stefan responded."Parents?" This time it was Bonnie's turn to ask the question."My parents passed away." He said not sounding to sad about it."I'm sorry. Any siblings?" Elena said had having the feeling of losing her parents."None that I talk to. I live with my uncle." He said."So, Stefan, if you're new, then you don't know about the party tomorrow." Caroline said trying to hide the fact that she licked him."It's a back to school thing at the falls." I said, speaking the first time in this whole conversation.

"Are you going?" Stefan asked turning towards Elena.

"Of course she is." Bonnie said answering for Elena, she sent a small glare in Bonnie's direction.