Write a text or speech -

----------------------------------------------for a debate at your school or college in which you pesuade young people to take more responsibility for protecting the enviroment.

In the news, more and more events and occurrences of natural and environmental disasters happen everyday. In the past a minor earthquake was a big event, now a flood or hurricane isn't as devastating. Because of the effects of global warming, we need to change and help save our environment.

We as humans are responsible for what happens because if we don't care, who will?

Educating young people on how to change their life style to protect their future is very important. If they become reckless and do not care, then our world as we know could crumble downwards. If we, right now at this age, do not take care of our world, who will?

In the past, cars were such an amazing discovery everyone wanted one and so the amount of pollution went up by a huge amount. Now we have other methods to get around which will cause less pollution and less CO2. Getting a drivers licence is still as good as when your parents but young people do not need to drive around everywhere. As the world gets more and more obese, by walking places it will save two aspects of this world; you and the environment.

We, as a community, we as the whole world, are becoming more and more educated in the ways to develop our species and protect ourselves. Because of this, we need to use our knowledge to the extent it can take before we can no longer save ourselves. Just by changing yourself that one small bit, you will not need to feel responsible for what happened.