Team Seven... Oh Joy...

"Allyce..."

Someone was calling me. I felt so comfortable, though. I didn't want to move. Maybe just five more minutes...

"Allyce, get up."

I heard the demand in the person's voice, but I was never a type to listen to anybody, so I was going to continue ignoring it. My bed was more important right now.

"Damn it, Allyce! You lazy goth, get the hell up!"

This time, I mumbled, "Hm... Too comfy... Five more minutes..."

Suddenly, I was pulled off my bed. I yelped as I faceplanted onto the wooden floor, and heard Hatsugo's annoying voice. "I warned you. Get up, you're supposed to be assigned to your teams today."

"I can't have five more minutes?!" I whined, and Hatsugo deadpanned. "No. Hurry up."

"Alright, alright. Ugh, demanding bastard..." I mumbled as he left the room, leaving me to do my morning routine. I decided to wear a new ninja outfit. It was a matte black, fishnet shirt that revealed half my stomach, with a black, high collared jacket with crimson shoulder pieces, collar and hem over the shirt. The bottom consisted of a black skirt with half an inch long red edges, reaching to my thighs. There was a slit on both sides, showing the red shorts underneath. It also gave me a spot to attach my fans on one thigh, and my shuriken holster on the other. My grey weapon pouch was latched on, and I wore accessories such as my sterling silver earrings and belly ring. I also wore black, calf-high boots with side zippers and embellished with gold chains.

I glanced at myself through the mirror, and flashed a small smile. At first, I hated looking at myself. I always had an indifferent stare and a cold scowl. At times, I would flash my wicked, Cheshire grin to show my potential for trouble. It was one of reasons people stayed away. After all, trouble was my middle name.

Now, it was different. I smiled and laughed more. I continually found myself around extraordinary people who accepted me for me. It was amazing, this feeling of acceptance. My Cheshire grin was still there, along with my scowl and stare. It just wasn't permanently there.

Satisfied with myself, I bounded downstairs. I saw Hatsugo leaning against the wall, right by the door, with his arms and legs crossed and his eyes closed. Grinning my wicked grin, I punched him right in the shoulder. He jumped, eyes snapping open to stare at me. Unconsciously rubbing his shoulder, he asked, "What was that for?"

"Just because." I snickered. He rolled his eyes before ruffling my hair. To that I whined and slapped his hand away. He chuckled before opening the door. "Come on."

We stepped outside, and I instantly yawned. I was still ticked off for Hatsugo dragging me to the floor, so I spread out my arms and ordered, "Carry me."

"No." Hatsugo answered flatly. I decided to put on my pout  - bottom lip out, eyes glaring at the ground, arms crossed, foot stomping. I whined, letting the noise vibrate in my throat. Hatsugo frowned at my childish behavior. "I said no."

I did another noise of protest, and stomped my foot again. We stayed in front of the door until Hatsugo heaved out, "Fine. Get on my back, you lazy goth."

Grinning, I hopped on, saying, "Thanks, annoying guardian of mine. Now, onward to the Academy!"

"Not so loud!" Hatsugo snapped, and I giggled nonetheless. As he carried me on his back, I eventually fell asleep.

~~~~

"Allex..." I called, walking around the mansion aimlessly in search of my twin. Suddenly, I heard a cry, and I ran to see Father kicking Allex, who was on the ground. He repeatedly kicked the boy in the stomach, and besides an occasional whimper, Allex said nothing. When Father was done, he snapped, "Next time, talk to me correctly, you piece of trash."