Ch 16. The King's Back In NOLA.

Klaus' POV. 

"For a thousand years, I lived in fear. Any time I settled anywhere, our father would hunt me down and... chase me off. He made me feel powerless and I hated it. This town was my home once, and in my absence, Marcel has gotten everything that I ever wanted. Power, loyalty, family. I made him in my image and he has bettered me. I want what he has. I want to be king."  

I walked on a familiar streets of my hometown. "Ah... New Orleans." I said inside my mind as I looked around. My phone rang. I pulled it out of pocket and I answered. 

Me: "Brother, do you miss me already?" 

Elijah: "Was that a joke, Niklaus? Still where did you go?"

Me: "I'm visiting in our old hometown."

Elijah: "New Orleans?"

Me: "Exactly, Brother." 

Elijah: "Promise me brother, you wont kill any of the people in that town." 

Me: "Elijah, you're too soft."

*I ended the call as I entered a marketplace and I headed towards a particular table where a woman wearing a headscarf sits with a crystal ball and other similar wares. Seeing me, she begins packing up her things. I sat down towards her.*

Me: "Good afternoon. Time for one more?"

Agnes: "I have nothing to say to you."

Me: "Oh, now that's not very amiable, is it? You don't even know me."

Agnes: "I know what you are. Half-vampire, half-beast. You're the hybrid."

Me as I smiled: "I'm the Original Hybrid, actually, but that's a long story for another time."

Agnes: "So your the prince of N.O.L.A." 

Me: "I'm not a prince. I'm the King." *I grinned at her.*

Agnes: "So what."

Me: "Also I'm looking for someone-- a witch. Perhaps you might be able to help me find her. Jane-Anne Deveraux."

*The woman visibly reacts to the name.*

Agnes: "Sorry. I don't know."

*I leaned towards her.*

Me: "Well, now that's a fib, isn't it? *I took the woman's hand on the table, as I smiled slightly.* Now, you see, I know that you're a true witch amongst this sea of poseurs, so enough with the fabrications. I've quite a temper."

*Agnes withdraws her hand.*

Agnes: "Witches don't talk outta school in the Quarter. The vampire won't allow it. Those are the rules. I don't break Marcel's rules."

Me: "Marcel's rules? Where do you suppose I might find Marcel?"

Agnes: "He's in Rousseau's bar."

Elijah's POV. 

At the Mystic Falls. 

I was in living room with Rebekah. I looked out of window.