Chapter 13

"G'morning." Bunny stood in the middle of the front room, arms crossed. I walk past him and through the door.

"What do you have to eat?" I rub my eye with the back of my hand and stumble around.

"Uh..." he follows me. "Do you like carrots?"

"No." I look at him. "You got any bacon?"

"Er..." he looks around awkwardly. "Nope."

"Do you have any money?" I turn towards him.

"No? Why the heck would I?"

"That's true. Well,  we have to make a trip to my place and then the supermarket."

"Again?!" He cries. I smile, and grab him by the hand... paw? Uh... I'll just say hand from now on.

I dragged him out of the house and into the grass, and look at him, awaiting his next move. The tunnel thingy.

He rolled his eyes, and then tapped his foot on the ground twice. Reaching his arms around either side of my waist, he lifted me onto his back. I smile, and hug him tight to stay on as he ran.

We visited the house, and I grabbed all the money I had left. Just as I rushed back to the front door, I heard a beep from the phone.

Checking it, I saw that there were tons of messages people left. I play them out loud.

*message from Emma Steal*
"Hey it's Em, I haven't heard from you in a while, and I haven't saw you at work. You okay?"

*beep*

*message from Mom*

"Hey (y/n), your brother is ready to visit whenever you're ready to get him. Your father and I still have that week trip to take on the 19th. Call us back."

*beep*

*message from Mom*

"(Y/n), you have to come get Kevin tonight. We are leaving tomorrow at 6 in the morning."

I gasp, shutting off the messages, and I call her up. What happened? I haven't picked him up. Did they hire a babysitter? I actually doubt it. They want all the money they can have to spend while they're in London.

"Hello?"

"Mom, do you still need Kev to be picked up?"

"Yes, absolutely. We had to delay our flight because of you. Where have you been?"

"I've been away at a friends place. They- uh" I look out the window, seeing Bunny, impatient. "Had a family loss."

"Ah, in sorry to hear that. Anyway, we will drop Kevin off around 3, so be home."

"Okay, ma'am." The phone clicks on the other end, and I scoff, returning to Bunny. "I think you should head back to the Warren. I have some errands to take care of."

"Alright, but when should I head back to get ya?"

"Hmm... 4?"

"Alright. See ya." He taps the ground with his foot, and hops in without hesitation.

He sure was eager to leave. I'm kinda upset that he left. Something immediately felt odd since he left. I brush it off, and head to the store.

Sort for yet another short chapter. :( I'm still trying to get my grades up. 😂