Bonus chapter

Watching the disaster that is about to erupt from the sight of the duo in the kitchen, fighting on who has to prepare this or prepare that.

I'm very quiet, just waiting for the disaster and licking my agbalumo(cheri). 

Yeah,  It's my POV now.

"Mr. Tayo stop adding Maggi JAREE." Zahra snatches the Maggi container from Mr. Tayo's  grip.  "is it Maggie she will eat? Msheww. " she eyes him, and continues with her slicing of the meat.

Mr.Tayo grumbles to the fridge, bringing out a jar of red tomato paste.

So how did this scene come about?.
Let's  go back an hour ago......

My sister, Alima just got discharged from the hospital with fever treated by Mr.  Tayo.  So now she can't really perform any house duty. So my twin sister is responsible for the kitchen duties now.  While I do the sitting room and wash Mr Tayo's car.

In the midst of the one hour, Zahra decides she will cook lunch for us.  Which was concortion rice but to my twin, it's "jollof" rice since that is the only meal she is proud of that she can shine at.

"NOOOOOO!!! " shouts Mr Tayo from his room when Zahra decided to cook.

"Why jollof rice? " Mr Tayo questions.

"Concortion rice." I corrected.

"Are you alright? " she snaps at me. 

Ignoring her is always the best way to keep her quiet. But Mr Tayo hasn't understood that yet.

"Don't get angry at him, must you cook jollof rice.  I like only Ali's jollof rice. I might have a disease if I eat your type of "concortion" jollof rice." Mr Tayo queries her.

"Then don't eat!! " zahra yells louder harshly walking to the kitchen.

"You better follow her." I warn.

Mr Tayo hastily follows after, grumbling.

Now,  one hour later......

The kitchen is a mess. And ontop of it they haven't even put the rice in the pot. 
Arguing about the type of ingredients that needs to be added in the jollof rice.

Cabbages scattered, onions scattered, green pepper scattered also. 

What are these two doing?.

I headed to the fridge, picking an  agbalumo which I am already licking right now, while watching these two and waiting for the disaster to explode.

"let's start with this tomato paste" Mr Tayo suggests.

"Wait first,  let me fry this meat." Zahra stops him from pouring any tomato sauce in the pot,  which is already kept on the fire, empty. 

Are they for real??

Zahra, Still slicing the meat, (who slices meat for close to 30minutes), Mr.  Tayo washing the rice while the empty pot is still on fire.  Quickly Zahra notices the empty pot on fire, adds groundnut oil into it.  And unknowingly to Mr Tayo,  after washing the rice, decides to pour the wet rice into the pot which suddenly  makes the oil spill out splashing on his fingers, causing him to drop the bowl of rice to the ground. Everyone pauses. Zahra looks at Mr. Tayo, who looks at the wasted rice on the ground and I still licking  my agbalumo.

Suddenly Sis Alima rushes into kitchen and freezes. 

Now,  whenever my elder sister is angry, she either ;

1. She gives us the beating of our lives

2. She yells on top her voice and kicks us out.

3. Implodes. Even adding more to the damage done.

She stands at the entrance of the kitchen still frozen.
Eyah and she's not all better yet and this mess happens. Let me leave before she adds me to the chaos.

I start to tiptoe out of the kitchen when she suddenly stops me.

"where do you think you're going." her voice was cold,  dead and threatening.

OK,  is she going to beat the Shit out of us,  kick us out or implode. This looks like number 3.

Three of us were still very much quiet when she steps further into the kitchen, her gaze moving from the mess on the counter, to the wash basin, to the gas cooker,  and to the floor.

"Sis, it's Mr.  Tayo o.  I told him not to add  anything yet. Mr Tayo surprise at her accusation defends himself.
"why you little brat!  Who put oil inside the hot pot.?!!"

"Get out. " 

"Sis, don't worry i've got this.  Just go back and rest." Zahra tries to salvage the tiniest dignity she has left.

"I said, Get Out." Sister Alima's demeanor still cold and threatening.

"Hey,  Ali you should go and res-"

"GET OUT!!!!!!!! " okaayyyyy, she lost it.

without her having to scream the second time,  just like controlled robots we filed out of the kitchen and she behind us locking the kitchen and going back to her room without uttering a single word at us.

"So it ended at number 2" I spoke out my thought.

"Huh. " Tayo exhales still at shock at what just happened.

"Mshewwww." Zahra hisses.

"So you have a key to your kitchen? " I ask, not sure why she had to lock it.

"It came with the apartment."

"So should we just go out and buy something to  eat?  Maybe pizza? " I stand up suggesting, since there would be no access to the kitchen until further notice.

"I'm in." Mr.Tayo agrees without a choice.

"What about you?." I ask Zahra,  only for her to ignore me.

Oh well.

"Mr.  Tayo let's go.  Don't worry about her.  She's very good at begging for food. "

Leaving Zahra in the behind, Mr.  Tayo and I set out to get food.

What a very interesting day.

Well,  I would have suggested we go out to buy food in the first place. But I'm not really that Type of person.

I don't really care.

--------------------------------------------------
End of bonus chapter.

You like?

Happy weekend.