22.

Johnny Boy jumped out and I fell onto my stomach, out of Damon's grip, so I could only see Gabriel's unconscious body.

There was a series of crashes in the kitchen again. I couldn't get up, not without expecting that jarring pain all over me again. I just lied on my stomach, my head turned to the side, trying to get my breathing right. I wished I could see what was happening, wondering if Johnny Boy had anything else in his arsenal-Eli was all alone. It was a while before all the crashes stopped.

I had no idea what Eli was doing. Once I managed to sit up on my knees, still feeling as if my whole body hurt, Gabriel jumped up, looking completely freaked.

"What's happening?" I asked him hoarsely.

He was looking up. "Uh... Clapton's ring is pretty much over." He scoffed up at someone. "What? Are you serious?"

I sat up on my knees, sort of regretting it. "What is it?" I stretched out my right leg, biting back a few choice words.

Gabriel shook his head. "But... why? It's not like it's going to be necessary la-"

"What is it?"

He turned to me. "Eli wants to know if you want the Sight?"

I frowned. "What? Why?"

"That's what I was just thinking." Gabriel got to his feet, then helped me get to mine. "We should just all disperse, Eli. Clapton didn't hurt you, did he? I mean, body-wise?" Eli answered. "Okay, well, we should get back to the hospital. We should all keep in touch-never know when we're going to need a favor, right?" Gabriel turned to the walls; I guessed Johnny Boy, Felix, and Damon all left. He turned to me. "What?"

"You mean that's it?"

"No one told you to come here, Danity." He looked annoyed. "You should've stayed at the hospital."

I blanched. "I came here to help you and Eli and Kylie-and I did, if you somehow weren't paying attention."

"You were selling yourself!"

"To help you!"

Gabriel's head suddenly went forward. "Ow! What did I do? She's the one who-" He sighed and glanced at me. "Sorry."

I crossed my arms. "I'm not accepting it if someone made you apologize. Let's just go back to the hospital." I started the long walk-or limp.