Chapter Three- Dakota's Training

Dakota's POV

DREAM

I saw this girl standing out by the ocean. She was wearing a blue camo bikini and I must say she looked beautiful in it. She turned around and I realized she was Kaidance. She jogged up to me and wrapped her arms around my neck. Before l could say anything about it, I leaned in and kissed her. I tried to pull away but I couldn't. I wrapped my arms around her waist and trailed my tongue across her bottom lip asking for entrance. She opened and let me explore. We pulled away and ran into the house behind us. Once we were in the house and in the bedroom, our lips collided again. I picked her up and threw her on the bed. I climbed over her and kissed her lips and trailed kisses across her jaw line and down her neck. Suddenly, I started to slip back into consciousness.

END OF DREAM

I looked and Cobie kicked me. That little brat ruined the best dream I ever had. I never had a dream like that when I was with Adrienne. I can't believe she's with a guy that has the same name as her. Sounds crazy to me.

I tried to go back to sleep but couldn't. I looked back at Cobie and he had his arm around Kaidance and she was asleep on her back. I felt jealousy build up in me but it was silly because he's 13 and she's 18, it would never work out. Kay's eyes fluttered open and she looked at me then at Cobie, who now pulled her close to him, then at the couch. "I must really love this couch." she said groggily. A chuckle escaped my lips. She looked down at Cobie. "What is he doing?" she asked pointing at Cobie. "Cuddling." I said as a smile crept its way on my lips. She shook her head and laughed. She grabbed Cobie's arm gently and got out of his grasp, then laid his arm down gently. I got up and followed her into the backyard. It was 10:45 am, a good time for fresh air.

Kaidance's POV

 I got out of Cobie's grasp and went to the backyard. I heard Dakota's footsteps follow behind me. I sat in a chair and Dakota sat in the other. "So why did you want to live with your dad?" I asked him. "Ever since my parents had the divorce, I've always wanted to stay with my dad. He's my hero, the one that I look up to. But my mom won custody and Cobie and I were stuck with her. I don't hate my mom but I hated that she pushed dad away like that. Always arguing with him over something stupid. I would be awaken by them sometimes and I would hear her tell him how stupid and pathetic he was and that he was a terrible father. That he was never there for me and Cobie. He always told us that he did the best he could and that he will always love us. What about you? Why are you living with my dad?" he said and I sat straight up in my chair. I took a deep breath and said "Its a long story." "I got time, tell me." he said facing me.

 "My dad was a bondsman like your dad. My dad would also go on bounties with your dad and the crew. One day, my dad met a woman on one of the bounties." I looked at Dakota to see if he was listening and he was and with a look of interest too. "The woman was your mom, right?" he asked and I nodded. "Your grandpa was going to rush my dad until he saw him talking to the woman. Your family has been waiting for my dad to find the woman of his dreams. My dad was married before and had a daughter but then got a divorce and his ex-wife got custody of her. My dad and my mom swapped numbers and went their separate ways. They have been together for months and then my dad purposed to her. She said yes and they got married. She only said yes because of his money. They have been married for five months and my dad kept asking my mom can they have a baby. Mom grew tired of it and said yes to shut him up. She never wanted me, she just had me to shut my dad up. Then on March 28, 1995, I was born. Leland was there and he said that my dad named me Kaidance. I thought I came up with it but I didn't." "You were born 4 days after I was." Dakota said with a smile. "Really? I didn't know that." I said with confusion. "The day I came home from the hospital, my dad went to work with your dad and my mom went out after he did. But she waited to make sure he was really gone. I was left alone in that house and when my mom came back, she was drunk, high, and with another man. They heard me screaming my head off and beat me till I shut up. They had sex with each other and then the man left. My dad came home and saw that I was messed up. He carried me to their room and my mom was unconscious on the floor. She ran herself into the wall. Three years later, my dad went to work and my mom went out to find a man and I was at home alone once again.  My mom came home and she wasn't drunk or high. She and the man she was with beat me and then had sex with each other. My dad came home early from a bounty and saw blood everywhere. He saw me and kneeled down in front of me. Before he could say anything, he heard moans and screams coming from upstairs. He ran up the stairs by 3 and burst through the door. He saw the guy on top of my mom and attacked the guy and told mom that he was going to take me away from her. He came back down stairs and told me that he had to go away for a while and that he would come back for me. He said that he loved me and gave me a kiss on the head then left. I heard my mom and the guy talking and she told him to kill my dad. The guy came down stairs and left 7 minutes after my dad did. The next day, the news came on and they showed my dad's car smashed in on the drivers side. They said he died instantly. The thing is my mom was pregnant by my dad and he knew about it but never got to see the birth of his first son, Jack. I was four at the time Jack was born. Jack had to stay at the hospital and later that night I left because my mom and the guy she was with tried to kill me for no reason. I tried to get my brother from the hospital but they wouldn't let me. I told myself that I would get my brother one day. Come with me, I want to show you something that goes with the story." I said and he followed me to my bedroom. I pulled out a box that had DNA of my dad. "This is my dad's DNA. When I find my brother, I want to see if my brother is my dad's or not." I said and he nodded.

"I will tell you the rest later." "NO! Please tell me the rest now!" he said with his puppy dog eyes. Let me just say they were adorable. "Okay," I said giving in. I sat on the floor and Dakota sat with me. "I was on my own. I got myself food, clothes, and an education. When I was 10, I was a major badass. I smoked and drunk all of my pain away. One night, when I was 13, I was high and a couple found me and took me in. They never told me their names and they abused me like my mom did. One day, when I was 14, the man was arrested by your dad and the crew. The man put me in the hospital and Beth and Leland were there. Leland took Arabella and me home with him." I finished. "Who is Arabella?" Dakota asked. "My cat." I said with a laugh. I'm not telling him that she is a big cat. Come to think of it, where is Arabella?

"Oh. What time is it?" We looked at the clock. 12:06pm. "I told you it was a long story." I said with a smile. "DAKOTA!" Leland yelled from the front yard. Dakota walked to the door and I followed. Today, Dakota is training to be a bounty hunter. "Dakota, the first step in bounty hunting is learning how to take the pain of mace." Leland said then pulled out his mace. Cobie and I started laughing just thinking of how this will turn out. "You ready?" Leland asked with a smirk. "Yeah." Dakota said trying to be brave.

Dakota's POV

I stood still and dad sprayed my eyes. Instantly it started to burn. I tried to open them but only got sprayed more. I could hear Cobie and Kaidance laughing at me. I took off running so I wouldn't get sprayed again. Dad ran after me and tacked me down. He put my hands behind my back then picked me up. "That is exactly what fugitives do when they get maced." dad said in my ear. He took me back to the house and ran the water hose over my eyes. "He did the same thing to me, Dakota." Kaidance said in my ear then handed me a towel. "So how did that feel son?" dad asked me and I backed away. "That hurt. You stay away from me." I said. "I had to show you how it felt. You know you can't stay away from me because you love me." dad said hanging all over me. I wonder what other stuff he has planned for me?

A/N: Sorry for the long wait. I have been reading, doing school crap, and waiting for my brother to give me the computer. I won't make any promises on when the next chapter will be up but I will try and make it soon. Love you all so much and thanks for reading this! Vote Comment and Fan! B-]