2. Answers

It has been three days. I've waited, rested, and healed. I need answers.

Where's Kennith and Rider? I think again for the hundreth time. My heart is aching from not seeing them.

The door creaks as a plump nurse walks in, with the same white scrubs that everyone in the hospital wears. Accompanying her is a man dressed in regular clothes.

Well this is a pleasent change of outfits. I say as I check the man out. I have to say, he's pretty good looking...

I snap out of it and realize what I'm doing. What the hell Savanah! Get it together...

The man walks in and sits down. The nurse injects medicine into a tube connecting to my arm, while the man is russtling papers.

This might be it...what I've been waiting for...my answers finally. I get anxious just thinking about it.

"Ms. Davenport, I'm Doctor Moore. I was the one who operated on you. We are in Rushshore Hospital in Michigan. You might be wondering what happened to you and we will get to that," Dr. Moore explained.

As he shuffled some papers, he continued.

"This may come to you as a shock, however, all you need to do is to stay calm..."

"I'm right here mam," the plump nurse whispers next to me and squeezed my hand in a reassuring way.

I'm going to need all the reassurance, even if I squeeze your hand off, I think to myself.

"Ms. Davenport..." Dr. Moore started.

"Call me Savanah," I interrupted, feeling a little irritated that this whole process is taking so long.

"Okay, Savanah," Dr. Moore starts slowly. "On August 10th, you were driving home from having a picnic with your family. Your car had a collision with a truck during your drive."

Dr. Moore shuffled through more papers, making me even more nervous and anxious.

A collision with a truck? Wtf?

"Ok, where was I? Ah, you, Savanah, were hit very hard by the impact, but from your body condition, because you were sleeping made the impact not as bad. Rider, your son, who was in the back, wasn't severely hurt. He is safe in our care in a different room, still being operated."

"Miss, Savanah are you ok?" the plump ask.

I haven't noticed that I was squeezing her hand super hard. I lessen my grip and apologize.

"I'm just really relieved that my son is ok," I replied. "Really relieved.."

I put my hands up to my face, whipping away tears, happy tears. But I haven't heard about Kennith, and I feel that this isn't going to be good news.

"As I was saying," Dr. Moore continued. "Kennith..."

There was a long pause.

"Go on," I say. "I can handle the news doctor."

I'm not sure but I can handle what's coming next, right? I ponder.

Just then the door squeaks open.

----------------------------

(ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ*:・゚✧ Thanks for being patient guys! If you love the story so far please vote. I'll be posting another chapter soon. Also, to the right is a picture of Savanah.