Chapter 9 - Robotic Midnight

i lay on my bed, unable to sleep. I try to close my eyes but it still didn't drive me into a dream world.

".......not good, i can't sleep" i sit on my bed "*sigh, this is annoying 💧 maybe this day just too much thought...heck, but i guess it's a good thing having does guys around....i mean even kona seems happy early" i look around my room but nothing catch my eyes "maybe i should've take a short walk then" i decided to go outside

>outside the house<

".....so quiet...it used to be like this before, but...i don't know that it'll end up this way" i look up at the moon.

And not long from there, a faint yet soft voice can be heard through this peaceful night.

"Agira-san" i turn around to see the owner of that voice, although i already know who's that voice belong to. And as i turn at her, i see Aigis.

"Aigis? What're you doing all alone at a middle of night like this?" I ask her.

"I saw you early Agira-san, and i thought it will be dangerous to be all alone at a times li this" Aigis say that with a concerned look on her face.

"Dangerous? yeah...right, it's true that now is midnight, but that doesn't mean a monster will come out or anything xD" i laugh a little, but Aigis didn't think of it as a joke.

"There is a monster" Aigis put on a serious expression.

"Seriously? O.O i've never saw one though, so i dunno" i'm a little surprise by what Aigis said.

"Yes, we call it shadow" Aigis speak without hesitation.

"....a shadow? You mean...the shadow that keep following us?" I ask while thinking.

"No, it is a dangerous creature that attacking people who's not in a coffin. They will appears in every each night, everyday at midnight" Aigis ready herself as if she was prepared for battle.

"uhh....but It's midnight now, and we're okay though. Nothing much happen either" i try to calm her down.

"Yes you're right" Aigis stop being alarmed "it appears that no shadow here nor dark hour" Aigis seems relief.

"....yeah"

"This place is not dangerous. However, i shall have you acompany to ensure for your safety" Aigis walk closer to me.

"*sigh* okay...shall we go then? I'm just gonna take a little stroll" i ask while feeling a little tired.

"Understood" Aigis stand beside me.

"Alright" it looks like i had no choice but to agree with her.

We then decided to take a walk together. We walk side by side in a middle of night. It surprisingly quiet, compared to my "current" house. Not even a single voice can be heard, the only sound we heard is our footstep. It kinda awkward actually, both me and Aigis didn't even said a single word. We just keep on walking, sometimes look around and the wind feels so comforting. I let the gentle midnight wind to flow through my face, i close my eyes and just let the breeze comfort me as i walking with Aigis.

For some reason. I feel like someone staring at me but it's hard to tell since i close my eyes and i just let it be. And then i heard a voice.

"Agira-san" Aigis calling my name with a tender voice.

"Ouch!?" I bump into Aigis who's unexpectedly stand in front of me and i open my eyes. I was wondering and as i'm about to ask her, i notice that Aigis has a worried and yet lonely look on her face. I ask her "what's the matter?" And when i said that, Aigis seems surprise that her eyes twitching. It took a few moment for Aigis before she began to talk again.

"I was so happy when i see you again. But, something inside me is afraid that you might gone somewhere again" Aigis seems evenore lonely than before, the look on her eyes was looks like as of she's just losing something or maybe someone important for her.

"I wipes a tears that slowly flowing out from her eyes "it'll be okay" i try to be calm while saying that. Aigis responding to my touch and she try her best to stop herself from crying.

"You're right. I should be happy. So why did i..." Aigis hold my hand while it still on her cheeks.

"(maybe she look and think of me as "another" me from the future...i dont have any recollection of what might happening in my future since i'm obviously not there yet. Although...i can't say anything for a moment because i know...it's really hard to losing someone really precious to me...but if that's that case...does that mean that i...going to die?)" I keep thinking about it and as i regain my consciousness back, without realizing before, now Aigis face already on my chest.

Aigis hugging me for i-don't-know how long it was and then she said "i will always protect you".

That unexpectedly sudden word really took me by surprise. Because this is the first time that someone directly said something like that to me.

Being unable to answer, i'm just trying to smile while being hugged and nod "yeah" i can't come up with another word.

"Thank you" Aigis voice just so full with a warm feelings and it really make me comfortable.

After a few minutes stays in that position, i suddenly heard a voice from behind the shadow. It sounded like someone footstep. But the mysterious voice eventually disappear after just for a short while, it maybe just a wind after all. And Aigis didn't notice it either so i decided to just let it be.

Aigis hugged me for more than 5 minutes now. I put my hands on her and pull her away gently "you seems tired Aigis, go back and get some rest" i say that to her while smiling a little. And for some reason. I feel like someone and/ something glaring at me sharply from inside the dark shadow in the corner around some tree.

"But Agira-san, i wish to be with you" she refusing to go home.

"Just go Aigis, it's an order" i look at her eyes.

Aigis look back straight at my eyes "Agira-san..."

"Don't worry, i'll be fine on my own" i wink at her.

"...understood" Aigis look at me for a whike and then she decided to go back home.

"Take care Aigis" i look at her until i can't see her back anymore. I turn around, look up and just staring at the moon.

_______________________

(To be continue)