Part 1

Poppy excitedly packed her things.

She won a trip to see and meet her favorite band 5 Seconds of Summer. Her heart was fluttering with conflicting feelings. One one hand she was beyond excited but on the other hand she feared disappointment and being shown up by the two "friends" she was taking along. Poppy was ashamed of her feelings but embraced them as being human.

The prize she had won was four tickets to a pre-sound check party and a show. The event was taking place three days before her birthday and she had a timid plan. Poppy planned to somehow mention her birthday and ask a favor of the boys if they asked if she would like anything.

Her one pathetic, timid, hopeless wish was for their friendship. She wanted that more than anything. Sighing she slumped on her bed staring at the mapquest direction tracing the little blue line that drew a curvy line from Georgia to Washington D.C. It would take 16hrs and they would be traveling by car.

Since Poppy was a broke college kid her mum agreed to drive and help pay for gas. The other two tickets were a toss up. It's not like she didn't have friends but the people she surrounded herself with were what she felt as unreliable.

Hannah was loud, pushy, and could get overly grumpy.

Sarah was rude, cutsey, and shallow.

Both of the girls were much more assertive than Poppy and she would always fall into the background. 

She's was just a Wallflower.