Imagine // 13 // The Walking Dead

I made my way through the god-awful forest that just crept with walkers, every turn you make all you smelt was the strong scent of rotting flesh and decaying, mangled corpses scattered along the ground.

It was a bloodbath to say the least but you had to be careful...

One wrong move and your dead...

Well, I was that cautious until...

-------

I ran.

I ran and I ran until I could no more, the burning in my legs and the adrenaline coursing through my veins still isn't enough to slow me down.

Because the more I slow down, the more chance I have of getting caught in that huge hoard coming right my way.

I sprinted, going as fast as I could down the abandoned and trashed road that seemed to go on forever, never seeming to come to anything, no buildings, nothing.

My energy was getting dangerously low, I kept my head high, and carried on strong.

Too my surprise, a huge pair of metal fences came into view of my blurry eye-sight, no I wasn't crying, the harsh, bitter cold whacking me in the face constantly started to make my eyes water.

I swiped my eyes to get a clearer view and saw huge, powerful walls and watch towers.

People guarded the towers, armed with clean, slick looking snipers.

With the last bit of energy left in me, I bolted for the gate.

One of the watch tower guards spotted me and aimed instantly.

"Survivor!" They called to someone inside the gates.

Instantly the gates shot open, I halted and turned to check the heard.

"Still on my ass..." I muttered to myself, displeased.

"Weapons down." A voice called from inside the gates.

I huffed, in a hurry to get inside, I put all my weapons on the ground.

"What now?" I questioned, because if I know anything about groups or communities they always want more.

"Eth! We got a heard we're gonna need to hurry this shit up!" The other watch tower guard called down.

The guy referred as 'Eth' seemed to rush over, he grabbed my guns and my forearm.

He rushed us in the gates, some people closing it in a hurry.

I was too exhausted to comprehend what was going on, I couldn't even take in what any of these people looked like.

I dropped to my knees as soon as he let me go.

The last thing I saw before before I passed out completely was floofs of blue, red, green and light brown hair