Part 5

Riley's POV
Seeing Lucas like that scared me beyond measure, his fists held together so tight by his sides that his knuckles were turning white, the blood so very clearly stained on his white shirt, but seeing the pure rage burning behind his eyes was what showed me that it was my fault that Charlie was laid on the ground blood running down his face and it honestly scared me to think that this wasn't the furthest Lucas was willing to go to protect not only me but any of his friends. It seemed as though as soon as someone noticed me standing here a horror stricken expression clearly evident on my face, everyone was silenced they knew why Charlie was on the floor and why Lucas was the one still standing. It took a second before Lucas noticed that I was the cause of the sudden quiet and seeing him change his emotions so quickly made me wonder if I ever knew who he was before any of this started. Was he ever the kind boy I felt so deeply for, they boy who constantly told me things only I knew or was this all that was left, an angry out of control person who didn't know how to control his own strength. I was completely still until Lucas took a step towards me his hand reached out as if to calm me. That's when the tears came back the emotions everything just struck my body at once and I had no idea why but I couldn't be around Lucas right now. He saw that I didn't want him near me but he continued on taking steps towards me, I wanted to movie I wanted to move so badly but I was stuck on the spot and I had no idea what was happening around me. I felt his hand on my shoulder which caused me to jump at the sudden feeling of being touched.
"Hey Riles it's ok I'm not going to hurt you." He said in a hushed voice.
"How do I know that?" I asked him my voiced laced with such intense fear anyone could tell if I just spoke a word.
"Have I ever hurt you before, c'mon look at me I'm not going to hurt you." He said to me but the truth is he has hurt me before, he chose Maya and that was something I held on to everyday of my life, I could get it out of my head. He chose Maya over me and it may sound selfish of me to say this but Maya has had so many guys launching themselves at her it was nice for me to have someone like me for once, but no he has to like Maya more than he liked me. See the thing is everybody always chose her over me; she was the cool one, the pretty one and I was just her crazy friend who acted like a five year old and clearly Lucas noticed it to. That's when my senses kicked back in and I slowly took a step away from him but every time I did he only took a bigger one towards me; I only stopped when I felt someone holding me in place, I turned to see that it was Farkle who now stood taller than me.
"Just hear him out Riley." He told me
"I don't want to." I said as I struggled to get past him.
"Please Riley, I need to explain what all this was for." He said to me in such a pleading tone he was almost begging me.
"Fine you have five minutes" I said
"Good it's all I need"