Chapter Three

Jax

I really didn’t want Kiera to get hurt and it was killing me how stubborn she was. I was also pretty heartbroken when she said that I was nothing to her but I knew she didn’t mean it or she wouldn’t be so persistent about getting into the orphanage.

  I explained everything to Miss Donald and she tried to convince Kiera not to go to Eddie but she didn’t listen, she just wanted to know where Eddie’s room was. The fact that it used to be my room as well was kind of weird especially since he was such a dick.

  “Just show me where his room is,” Kiera said and Miss Donald looked at me like she was asking permission, I nodded slightly and she sighed like she was ashamed at me.

  “Okay, this way.” Miss Donald walked up the stairs and Kiera and I followed her up to my old bedroom. Kiera knocked loudly on the door and Eddie opened it with his shirt off looking extremely annoyed.

  “What do you want?!” He yelled and Kiera pushed him hard enough to knock him over.

  “Why the hell did you beat up Jax?!” I held Kiera back so that she didn’t get into anything physical. She wasn’t particularly happy about this but it was the right thing to do.

  “Kiera, stop,” I hissed at her but she paid no attention to me.

  “He deserved it, looking through the records when he doesn’t even live here! You better not have looked at mine, you bastard!” Eddie shouted and got up, getting closer to Kiera. Miss Donald was gone by this time and I was annoyed because she usually hung around to help. “I’m gonna fuck your girlfriend then beat her up because she was a retard to come here.”

  “Yeah, I’d like to see you try!” Kiera yelled and tried to shake me off of her. I pushed her back and stood in front of her so that Eddie wouldn’t hurt her.

  “Get out of the way, Jackson.” Kiera’s eyes widened.

  “My name isn’t Jackson, it’s Jax.” He laughed and that made me confused. He looked at me like I was joking when he had finished laughing.

  “You’re name’s Jackson; I saw your records after you ran away when you got beat up,” Eddie said and I grabbed his collar.

  “You son of a bitch! You don’t just look through other people’s records that’s sick!” I yelled and shoved him onto the floor, Kiera grabbed my hand and we walked downstairs. “Why did you stop me?!”

  “Go look at your records and find out what you want to find out, I’ll look out for Edward out here,” She said and let go of my hand, I looked at her and felt my heart flutter. She was looking out for me even after I stopped her from beating Eddie up and she was staring up at me, looking beautiful.

  “Okay, thanks for this,” I said and hugged her and she hugged me back, I let go of her and went into the records room, wondering about what I would find out about myself.

Nothing. I found absolutely nothing. I didn’t have a record anymore, it was destroyed or something because I was adopted. I was really disappointed because I wanted to know whether or not I had any existing family and if my name really was Jackson. Eddie had obviously lied about that.

  I came out of the room where Kiera was looking at me expectantly. I shook my head and she frowned, I didn’t want to talk about it so I walked towards the front door of the orphanage.

  “Where do you think that you’re going?” I turned around to see Miss Donald, I was annoyed at her for abandoning me but she was still like a mother to me.

  “Home,” I replied flatly.

  “I thought you wanted to know more about yourself,” She said. “I can tell you.”

  “Why would you do that?” I whispered and didn’t even notice Kiera slid her hand into mine. I couldn’t look at Miss Donald or Kiera so I stared at the floor and its many patterns.

  “Because I’ve known you for all your life,” She replied and she put her hand on my chin, tilting me head up to look her in the eyes. “I’ll tell you all you want to know, Jax.”

  “Do I have any family?” I asked and she smiled. “That’s all I came here to find out. I want to know if I have any family that I can contact.”

  “You have a younger sister but I can’t contact her even if I wanted to, when you were dropped off the people said not to contact them or anyone related to you.”

  “Why would they do that?” I asked and felt my eyes water when I just thought about the fact that I had a sibling who I could never see. “What’s her name? Answer the first question first.” I could feel Kiera smile next to me.

  “They didn’t want to know you, there’s no way to sugar coat it. They didn’t tell me her name but she looked just like you, blonde hair and blue eyes.”

  “Okay,” I whispered and left with Kiera closely following behind.

  “Are you alright?” She asked and I nodded trying not to let her see that I was about to burst into tears like a wimp.

  “Thanks for coming, Kiera,” I said and she nodded.

  “No problem, you’d do the same for me,” She said just as the bus arrived. We got on and sat in silence for the whole journey.

***

When I got back everyone wanted to know where I had been except Autumn, I had told her where I was going but made her promise not to tell anyone else. Mum and Dad (it felt great saying that) said that they were worried and that I should tell them the next time I went out unexpectedly. Suzanne burst into tears when I walked through the door and hugged me telling me how happy she was to see me.

  We sat down to dinner in silence with some tension between everyone. It was so uncomfortable.

  “So, Jax how’s Kiera? I heard you two are in the same form,” Mum said and Suzanne glared at her. “Kiera and you have really hit it off after yesterday.”

  “Yeah, she’s fine,” I replied and Suzanne stared at me trying to read my face for something I would assume. “She’s really nice and I was wondering if I can invite her round sometime?”

  “No,” Suzanne answered and Autumn kicked her under the table.

  “Of course she can, she’s always welcome here just ignore Suzanne,” Dad said.

  “What happened between you and Kiera?” I asked Suzanne and she sighed but began to tell me anyway.

  “Mike and I used to be a couple until she came along and snogged him at a party, I saw it but he continued to date me until Kiera called me a slut and asked him out so he and her went out and I always hated her but when they broke up Mike didn’t even want me back he only wanted Kiera the precious little whore.”

  “I’m sure that there’s a reason why she did that,” I said and Suzanne looked at me like I had gone absolutely mental.

  “Why are you defending her? She has always been a cow and she’s trying to make you see her as little miss perfect and it’s working,” She said and stood up so everyone’s attention was on her. “She bad mouths you all the time to her so-called ex-boyfriend.”

  “What do you mean so-called ex-boyfriend?”

  “You really think that they broke up? They decided to tell everyone that they broke up for some reason but they’re still together, sorry to break your heart.” It felt like my heart was in my stomach, my throat felt sore and I knew that I was going to cry because I loved Kiera so much.

  “That’s enough, Suzanne,” Dad said and looked over at me. “Are you alright?” I didn’t reply, I ran up to my room and fell onto the bed in tears. They all knew that I loved Kiera but I didn’t care, I just wanted her to be there for me and to not lie to me.

  “Are you okay?” Autumn asked and sat on my bed.

  “No,” I replied and sat up; she held my hand tightly for support. “I love her, Autumn.”

  “I know, Jax, I know.”

A/N: Sorry that it's kinda short, comment your thoughts of it so far.

Thanks for reading, see you soon.