Chapter Seven

Kiera

I woke up, sweating, breathing hard and screaming, that was the worst nightmare that I had ever had. I was in Autumn’s room and I didn’t know how long I had been there.

  “Kiera, are you okay?” Autumn asked, sitting up and staring at me from her bed. “What happened? Did you have a nightmare?”

  “Yeah, yeah, where’s Jackson?” I asked and she gave me a look of confusion. “You know, Jackson, my brother.”

  “I don’t know what you’re talking about so go back to sleep it’s probably just because you’re tired.” She sighed and went back under the covers, I got up and went into the room that would have been Jackson’s but inside was a black haired boy who was about 18, maybe 19.

  “What the hell is going on?” I whispered and the boy shot up and stared at me. “Oh, shit, I didn’t mean to wake you.”

  “Fucking hell, Kiera, if you wanted to see me you could have just asked I am your boyfriend after all.” My mouth dropped open and I tried to search my mind for a name and one popped into my mind.

  “Aaron?”

  “Yeah, that’s me.” He laughed and patted the bed next to him. “Come sit down, babe.” I walked over and sat down, leaning my head on his shoulder and wondering what was going on.

  “Do I have a brother?” I whispered and he sighed. “Why are you sighing? Are you okay? Answer the first question first.”

  “You used to have a brother, Jason, but he died a week ago and you haven’t let it go. We used to share a room because we were so close but when you and I started dating he was really overprotective and sort of jealous.” He put his arm around me as tears rolled down my cheeks, I remembered everything but it was like my dream was real.

  “Why did he live here and not with me?”

  “He did live with you, here. You’re Grandma killed your parents, your Granddad and then herself, what’s wrong with you? You should know all of this.”

  “Nothing, I just hate life,” I mumbled into his shoulder.

  “I know, I know.” I cried my eyes out because I wanted to be with Jackso-Jason, I don’t know one of them. I was so confused because Adam and that world seemed real but so did Jackson and his world.

I sat outside the house even though it was pitch black and freezing cold. I wanted everything to be the way that it used to be but it could never be like that ever again. I got up and started walking, I didn’t know where I was going or if I’d ever be back I just wanted to get away, far, far away.