Mansion of Dolls

Taryn Lowell has been dealing with one horrible thing after another while still coping with the sudden death of her brother. Yet when an invitation to go to Tokyo, Japan is offered to her by her ex-boyfriend's new girlfriend no less, Taryn couldn't help but wonder why and cautiously excepted.

Thinking that it would be good to get her mind off things for a while. That it would be an experience, she would never forget.

With the latter half of this trip is staying at a historic mansion in a remote village, one almost completely cut off from the rest of the world. However, within this rural village, there are several old stories passed off as legends or rumours. The story of a Priestess who sacrificed herself to many demons protecting her village by binding herself in ropes soaked in her blood. While rumours of a demon that is said to resemble a man or a woman who will whisk unsuspecting travellers away in the dead of night if they wander into in the forest, all while looking like a living doll...

Such stories and rumours are often truths distorted through countless years being passed from word of mouth, yet how much remains true while the rest becomes fiction? Or were such things even fiction to begin with?