Chapter 1

The days when every thing seemed normal to me are long gone. I grew up with the belief that my father was dead from a shooting in the town that we had moved out of. In fact it was like this for a very long time. Living with the foolish view that life would never be interesting. I was wrong but then again I hadn't been in need of knowing the truth. Age 17 and everything was perfectly normal. And this is my story.

“Sage Marie O'Connor!” Yelled my mothers voice in the early morning. I knew I had sleep in once again. I had a bad habit of doing so. But then again it was Summer so I wasn't late for school. But sleeping in today wasn't the best idea. I had a plane to catch. My mother and I were going to be heading off to Ireland today. My mom's home country as my Gran liked to call it.

Moving a bit I caught a glimpse of my long white hair. Now when most think white they think Blond. Nope mine is white, Pure white never really could understand why. Even when I tried to dye it the dye never took to my hair. Most of the kids at school made fun of me so I liked to use streaks of fake hair neon purple, to make it seem like it was meant to be that way. Purple was to match my eyes. No matter how old I got they never changed color. Seeing as I had no need for contacts or glasses my mother told me I couldn't get anything to change the color of them. But as with the streaks I told everyone that I just dressed that way.

As time went by I never really could think of why my mother had stayed in America after my father died. She was native to Ireland and she had always loved telling me stories about the large open places you could see. She told me of large cliffs and standing there smelling the sea air. She loved it there. Now that Gran got sick that's the only reason we were going back. I would be starting a school there at the end of summer.

Gran was sweet and I had only been around her a hand full of times as a kid. She always came to America. My mom told me that now was a different story as for the reason why we had to go. Gran was to ill to travel and she always said it should be safe for us over there. Almost in a panicked way. I have started to think that she may have an ex over there that was like some kind of a stalker. Looking into the mirror above my empty dresser I sighed. Next time I would see a dresser would be in Ireland and it had no mirror. Running a brush through my strait hair I pulled it back into a pony tail and slipped a purple tie around it.

My clothing had been hung up already a white shirt that had a purple unicorn on the front. I didn't really like the white and purple look but very few things looked good with my hair and eyes. Getting dressed I slugged my way into the pair of slim purple pants and sighed. I could hear my mother moving in the kitchen now. She must have heard me moving. I put on my socks and the pair of high top white shoes with purple lases.

Walking down the stairs of from my room I felt like crying. I had even sleep with no blankets just a pillow of my jacket that now hung from my left arm. The house was completely empty. No pictures no furniture. Mom had sold most of it already. Even my dresser was going to a new family. I moved to look outside and there it was a taxi. I knew I had to have sleep in very late. “Bout time you sleepy head.” My mother said handing me two toaster strudels. Both covered in lots of icing.

“Sorry. You know me I'm up most nights and the mornings are like me being a vampire. I hate the light.” I laughed my mother never did. She hated me to talk about things that didn't exist. When I was a child I claimed to played tag with a shadow man and a fairy she had locked me in my room for hours.

“Just let's get goin. I got the passports in my purse. The bags are already out in the taxi.” She rushed to the door and I sighed. I really didn't want to leave. It's not like I had friends to hold me back. Most kids were nice to me and all, just never really got close enough to be called their friends. I just really didn't like the idea of leaving the house. Something just felt wrong. I had lived here nearly my entire life. I saw a few people looking around as my mother and I walked down the sidewalk to the taxi. The girl next door that didn't really like me waved with a giggle. I rolled my eyes.

“Seems I won't be missed. But....” Looking back at the house I felt like it was crying. Almost like it was alive and didn't want me to leave. I know I didn't want to. “What ever.” I climbed into the Taxi and shut the door. Mom slipped in silently and very silently closed her door. She looked nervous. But she was the one taking us away. The back of the seat in front of me read. 'Hello I'm your driver Al.” It was a man that looked a bit older then my gran with gray hair and he looked a bit pail. I paid it no more attention. In fact I closed my eyes and ignored everything going by me. I knew the way to the NY airport.

“Soon Sage we will be in Ireland and with Gran. I think you'll like the old place. Tis a fine place to be.” She held some of her old Irish accent and it was kind of sweet to me. Seeing as I grew up with it. I didn't open my eyes.

“What ever you say mother.” I pulled my black and purple jacket closer to me self. My mother stiffened and then let her self relax a little I felt it next to me.

“Sage dear you know I would na do this if Gran was na sick.” She rubbed my arm and slouched.

“I don't blame Gran it's just I'm going to miss familiar. I don't know really anything about anything outside New York.” With a groan I switched to my side and sighed keeping my eyes closed. It wouldn't be super long until we got to the airport. Then it was one long trip to Ireland. Even if I wasn't ready I had no other choice. It's not like I knew my dad's family. Mom never talked about them. She never really talked about my dad to tell the truth.

“You will find friends at your new school. I just know it.” My mother said confidently then stayed silent for the rest of the ride. Even the check for everything was quick and fast. I hardly cared. I noticed that for once in the air I didn't feel watched. The only one that really looked at me was my mother.

“Get some rest you will need it. Your not use to the time zones.” My mother said. I took her advise. The father we went it darker. The night was cold when we landed. But according to the stories I had been told most were. This is the day I was changed. The one I would never be able to look back from. This is how I found the fae.