Broken Bones

"No, I said I'd try my hardest. Even if I fell at the very last part, practically finished, I still might win. And I'm winning for you, dad, and..." I trailed off, blushing slightly.
            "Ahh! My skater has a crush!" (C/n) smirked, "who is it?"
              Looking around, I told them shyly,"Vic-tor," I tried to sound as cute as possible.
                They both looked shocked and saw two people between them. One with black hair... and one with gray...
            Both were shocked, but Victor seemed the most shocked. "(Y/n)?" He whispered.
            My heart thumped and tears brimmed my eyes, "you weren't supposed to hear that..."
           Heat pooled into both of our cheeks.
             He seemed at a loss of words...until he confessed his feelings,  "I... (Y/n)... I..."

           "I... (Y/n)... I... I like you too," he looked away, embarrassed. The butterflies in my stomach fluttered with happiness. My cheeks turned a darker red and so did his.

             I wanted to hug him... but my coach and mom were holding me in place. "(Y/n)...I'm going to take you to the hospital. I want to make sure it's just a broken arm... because if you have a broken leg..." (c/n) trailed off.
            "Then what are we doing just sitting in this awkward silence? Let's go!" I tapped my foot.
            "We have to wait for them to announcer the ranks," Yuri finally spoke up.

            I let out a sigh. I'm not going to argue with him. I know how important this is to him.

            After the final ranking was announced with me, surprisingly, in first. Yuri in second, with only two points away from beating me. And then some other people next.

             I looked at my mom, who was crying her eyes out. Using my (non dominant hand), I pat her on the back before bringing her into a one armed hug.

             Victor looked at me with shining eyes and Yuri smiled at me. Coach... well... he was running around screaming... we won't go into details of what he's saying...

            Someone hugged me from the back, and then more hugged me. "I'm proud of you," my mom sobbed in my shoulder.

            "You're amazing, (Y/n)," Victor's Russian accent sounded deep, and low in my ear.
             Yuri just smiled into my shoulder. I...I'm sorry Yuri... I know it was your dream to win...

           "Let's bring (y/n) to the hospital now, shall we?" Coach started helping me up. "But the hug felt nice!" I whined to him.

            He glared at me and scowled, "you're starting to act childish!"

           I stuck my tounge out at him, but followed him out the door. "I'm coming!" Victor and Yuri sped walked towards us.
          "That's fine dear," my mom smiled at Victor.

           As we drove to the hospital, I felt myself starting to shake. What if the doctor says I can't skate? My bottom lip quivered, so I put my head down.
            "(Y/n)..." Victor leaned towards me and lifted my chin. I started sniffling, making him worry even more. "No need to cry... I don't like it when you cry," he murmured to me.  
             My cheeks got rosy and I forced the tears back.
               His hug was warm. I yawned and fell asleep, my head resting on his shoulder.

              When we were at the doctors... they hurriedly took x-rays and then we had to wait about half an hour.

           "Ms. (L/n)... I'm sorry to tell you this, but you have broken your wrist on (dominate arm). I wouldn't won't you compete, but seeing as you're in a big competition, all I'm going to say is to be careful and don't do ruthless stunts," he looked me straight in the eye.

          "What happens if I ignore it anymore? Maybe someone runs into me... or I fall again..."

           "Then, with how bad it's right now, I would say... you'd never be able to skate again, unless you're able to get surgery."

               No more skating? No way... I... need to skate... if I can't skate... then everything would be over... my dream... all my dad's training for me... gone..