Introduction

My life is all planned out for me. It always has been. My mother was a dancer growing up , but when she was on stage on night she tore a tendon in her knee and was never able to dance again. She promised herself that if she had a daughter she'd make sure she became "The World's Best Dancer". I've always wondered what she would do if I told her I didn't want to dance. She put me in ballet when I was 2 years old. I didn't want to go and my dad saw that I didn't want to go, but he also didn't want to see my mother sad, so he bribed me in by buying me a puppy. It's funny how in the same day I grew a strong love for dance and animals. As time went by I knew when I grew up I wanted to be a Veterinarian. I was eight years old the day I told my mom I wanted to be a Vet but she just laughed and said " Oh silly Janessa, what are you talking about? We already established that you are going to grow up to be a Professional Dancer". By the time I was nine, my mom put me in more class like Jazz, Contemporary, Tap, Hip-Hop, Lyrical and I was still taking Ballet. Now I'm 14 years old and about to start one of the worlds best performing arts high school in Hollywood, California, Hollywood's School of Dance. The term starts in September and I'll be living on campus. I'm afraid of leaving my mother because she'll be alone in the house since my father is off in Iraq again fighting for our country, but she wants me to go so I'll do whatever it takes to make her happy. What makes it better is that I'll be going with my life long best friend/ Dance Partner in Crime, Tiffany, and we'll be roommates!