A Suite Birthday

"Here I am in your liiiifffee, here you are in miiinnnneeee, yes we have the suite life, most of the tiimmmeeee!" you belted out, dancing around the small kitchen.

You were baking cupcakes for Cole's birthday, and had decided to watch a few Suite Life episodes in the process.

He didn't really like seeing himself on screen, so moments when you could watch one of his shows or movies were rare.

Lucky he wasn't home.

You continued to sing along to the theme, prancing in your mini shorts as you mixed the batter in beat with the music.

"You and me got the world to see, so come on doowwwwnnn, you an--"

"What are you doing?" said a familiar voice behind you.

Shutting your laptop closed, you slowly turned around and were met with Cole's smirking face.

His tall figure leant against the doorway, arms crossed and messy hair flopping onto his forehead. 

"Ummmmm, baking?" you responded with a nervous smile, unsure as to what his reaction would be.  He wasn't supposed to be home this early.

"Really? Nothing else?" Cole responded, waking across the tiled floors to my now still form. 

"Hehe, yeah!" you rushed out, making a sudden dash for the laptop sitting on the kitchen counter. 

But Cole somehow got there before you, opening it up to a paused episode of the Suite Life.

A few moments of silence passed between us, his back facing me.

Then Cole burst out laughing, whipping around to face me.

"Are you serious?!" he managed to get out between laughter, placing both his hands on my shoulders.

"Well, you never let me watch anything of yours, so this was the only chance I got. I actually like the show ya know....." you mumbled, looking down at the floor.

Cole smiled and unexpectedly pulled you to his chest, his arms blanketing around your waist and chin nuzzling into the crook of your neck.

"I know, it is a pretty good show isn't it" he joked, chuckling into your soft hair.

"Someone's feeling egotistic today....." you taunted, pulling Cole even closer. 

The two of you remained that way, wrapped in each other's arms, simply enjoying each other's nearness.

Wait. What was that scent?

Cole must have picked up on it too, pulling back and sniffing the air. "Smell that? It's almost like something's burning....." he commented.

"Fuck! The cupcakes! I have cupcakes in the oven!" you exclaimed, rushing over to the now smoking kitchen range.

As you pulled the shrivelled, black lumps out of the oven, Cole laughed, leaning against the counter top.

"Hey, that's not funny, these were for your birthday!" you protested, taking off your oven mitts and placing your hands on your hips.

"I know, I know, but your so cute when your frustrated" he voiced, a mischievous smile played across his full lips. "And just being here with you has made this day perfect already".