Darkness

After work I walk the 12 blocks to my little home. I can afford a taxi but I'm not tired and I need the exercise. I hum as I walk down the dimly lit street. The hairs on my neck stand on end and I get the wierd feeling someone is watching me. I stop and look around, when I don't see anyone I shake my head and laugh at myself. I turn and keep walking. A few more minutes pass and I hear some kind of tink. I turn to see a street lamp blew. I speed my walking up then my hair stands again. I hear more tinks and see a tall man standing under the light then I hear it tink. It blew out and I can barly make out the man's silouete. Turning I notice I am a block away from my home. I pick up the pace again when I hear another tink. It sound closer I can also hear something else. It soundslike breathing. I turn to see red eyes, a pure white face, and black teeth. Smelling the breath from five feet away made me kick into flight mode. I turn and run from the smell of decaded breath and I hear the tinking speed up. Knowing I'm not that fast I speed up as fast as I could go. Still running I barly leave the ligh from the street lamp before it tinks off. I feel the best get closer and closer. I round the corner to my house and I feel it grab my shirt. I sreech and pull from its grasp. Ripping my shirt in the process and getting a scratch. I hit and bang on my door trying to get my roommate up while looking over my shoulder. It strides up as I hear the chain lock slide. I think it hears it to and it looks in my eyes and snaps its teeth. I blink and it is gone. My room mate opens the door as I pass out.

END OF PART ONE