Chapter Seventy-four

Gabriel grinned sheepishly at his fathers as they glared at him.

"When exactly did you learn a curse that could kill?" Vincent demanded.

"And," added Mudiwa, "What exactly was that necklace?"

Gabriel groaned and covered his face with his hands. "I learned to cast the killing curse several years ago. The necklace was an amulet made by Godric Gryffindor. It was created to capture a wizard's magic if they were mentally unstable or if they had been found guilty of a horrible crime."

"Why have we never heard of them?" Severus asked, arching an eyebrow.

"Godric destroyed all that he could find."

"Why?"

"They were being used against innocent people as a way to enslave them," Draco answered, earning a glare from his boyfriend.

"Could that have happened to you? Could Dumbledore have enslaved you?" Soto asked softly.

"Yes," Gabriel whispered.

"That's it!" Adonis shouted as he sat up, pushing at Severus to let him off the bed. "We are taking you home, and getting the hell away from here!"

"Adonis, please, I have to stay. I can't leave everyone at the mercy of Voldemort. Anyway, we have always known it would come to this. I've been training to fight Voldemort since I was eight."

Adonis slumped back into the bed with a defeated sigh. "I know, but we should be protecting you. And look what those two arses made you do!"

"They won't try it again. Anyway, Voldy is going to be coming after me here at Hogwarts. I need to be here to meet him and, hopefully, finally defeat him."

"We will need to get our stuff."

"Don't worry about it, Baba. I can set up a triangulation spell, and Apparate all of the buses onto the grounds here."

"Yay, we get to stay!" squealed the little ones, and they began bouncing around the infirmary.

November 1st, 9pm

Gabriel crawled into bed, his whole body aching. He was still recovering from his injuries. A small pink scar ran across his chest; it would fade with time but never completely disappear. His family was settled into their tents outside near the Quidditch pitch. The Apparition spell had worked well, but it had taken a lot of energy to complete and now all Gabriel wanted to do was sleep. With a soft moan he settled into the bed, reached down, and tried to pull the covers up, but his fingertips just barely touched them.

"Poor baby," cooed Draco, sitting down on the bed.

Slowly he took in the sight of his boyfriend's body. Soft golden skin covered sleek muscles, just the tips of hipbones showed over white cotton pajama bottoms. His breath caught at the sight of the pink scar, and with a trembling hand Draco carefully reached out and traced it. Gabriel sighed softly at the touch. Draco bent over and began to kiss and lick the raised pink skin. He started at the bottom of the scar, grinning as Gabriel's sensitive skin twitched under his touch. Gabriel's skin was silky and warm beneath his mouth, while the scar was rough against his tongue. When Draco reached Gabriel's nipple he paid special attention to the soft pink nub. Gabriel bucked and moaned underneath him. Having such a powerful and sexy man beneath him inflamed Draco's blood. With a groan he laid on top of Gabriel, his fingers gripping the heaving sides as he continued to lick and nip at the sensitive flesh.