Chapter 15

Reeds pov:

So I got my ankle looked at by a doctor. Apparently I have to use crutches for two weeks! Two fricken long weeks. There's a cast on my ankle and I don't like it.

After I was at the doctors,i went back home to rest my ankle. I was listening to music, when my door slightly opened. I turned my music off and I saw Alexis walk in.

She sat on my bed. "How are you" she asks. "I'm ok" i say quietly. "Listen. im sorry i yelled.." i say. She nods "its ok. You're going through a lot"

She stared in my eyes and my cheeks felt hot. After about 3 minutes, she turned her head away. Out if nowhere, breaking the silence, she said "you're stronger than you think. You've just been brought up to think you're weak. But trust me reed, you're so strong"

I'm strong? Strong¿? She doesn't even know me, and now she tells me im strong?

"Thanks but... you don't actually think that. You're just saying it to make me feel better" i stared down. She looked down at my wrists, seeing my cuts and scars.

"I have to go.." she trails off. She hugs me and kisses my cheek. Before pulling away from my hug, she whispers "you can do better"

I've tried doing better. But the thought of her even saying that to me makes my eyes tear up. Is she saying I can do better because I'm weak? Or acting weak? i only act weak because I AM weak.

I don't see how its so difficult to understand that. I'm not strong. Its hard to stop old habits. Especially because I feel the same way.

I mean.. look at it this way. I'm still depressed. I still self harm from a lot of things. I can't do better. I've tried. It doesn't work. I fail. I always fail. I am a failure. At everything. At life.

She slowly walks out of the room, and as soon as she's out of sight, i start sobbing in my hands.

She runs back in, probably hearing me because I wasn't even thinking of the volume of my cries.

She holds me as I cry. I look up and see aunt Lisa, but once she realizes Alexis is actually a good person, she leaves Alexis to comfort me.

"I cant" i whisper in my cries. "I can't do better" i say in heaving breaths through sobbing. "It never works"

"Shhh reed calm down" she whispers to me. "I'm going to help you do better. I understand its hard to stop alone. I'll help"

My sobs dull to a couple tears coming out. "You're not alone" she whispers to me. "I care. I will help you as much as I can"

I nod, as she kisses my wet cheek. She wipes away the tears, and gives me one more hug. "You ok now?" she asks. I nod. She smiled as leaves.

I can hear her talking to my aunt about what happened, after she left my room. Oh well.