Chapter 16

Reeds pov:

The next day I had to go to school. Since I have to use stupid crutches, my

Aunt is dropping me off at school until I can walk again.

I shut her car door as she pulled away, leaving me at school. I went inside and everyone, as always now, is staring at me.

I see the guys who like to hurt me a lot. I go as fast as I can by them, but obviously I can't go every fast since I'm on crutches.

"WAIT UP DEMING" one of the called. I looked back to see them walking to me. I hurried to hide somewhere as fast as possible. Let's just say, this didn't work out too well.

One grabbed my shoulder to stop me. "So, deming is on crutches, huh?" one laughed.

I turned around, but stared at the floor. Another guy pushed me over backwards, making me land on my back. One of the guys took my crutches and ran away with them.

Oh shit. Where will I find them?! How will I walk?!

The rest of the guys laughed and went to find the guy that ran with the crutches.

I held onto the lockers next to me to keep balance as I stood up on my good ankle. I start hopping the direction the guy went, when someone taps my shoulder lightly.

I turned around to see Alexis. I hold onto her to keep balance. "Where's your crutches?" she asks.

"Those guys pushed me and ran away with them" I say

"I'll go find them for you" she says. She walks over into a classroom and steals a chair and brings it to me. I sit down in it. "Wait here" she runs off.

I waited for about 15 minutes. The bell had already rang, meaning I have a minute to get to my class before I'm considered late.

I get up and hop around, trying not to get knocked over by the crowd in the hallway rushing to their classes.

I get down the hallway, but my class is on be other side of the school. I have about a minute left.

I try limping to see if it makes me go any faster. But an pressure i but on my other ankle makes a sharp pain and I fall.

I quickly push myself up. I hop as fast as I can, but the bell ends up ringing, and I'm shit outta luck.

I keep going, though. "HEY DEMING!" I hear a guy call. I turn around, losing balance and falling. Their laughter folks the silence in the empty hallways.

I see one of them has my crutches.

They punched my face a little, making my nose bleed. The guy with my crutches put the crutches on too of the lockers. Where only people that are like 6" can reach.

They laugh and leave me. I held on to the lockers, jumping to see if I can get the crutches.

My jumps aren't very high with only one foot. This is unfair.

I keep going, touching the edge of the top once. So close. Jumping this much made my good foot ache. And I had to take a break.

I sat on the hallway floor, resting my foot for a second. I pushed myself up, I need to get them down.

I resumed jumping. "HEY!" I hear someone call to me. I'm so tired of people yelling at me.

I turned around. "WHAT ARE YOU DOING? GET TO CLASS!" the principal tells me.

"I cant" I say, trying to catch my breath. He eyed me until I spoke again. "My ankle is broken" i lift my pant leg a little to reveal the cast I have. "Some guys put my crutches on top of the lockers" I look up to the lockers.