Chapter 2 - Starting over

Today is my first day at a new school and I'm very nervous. It's only been a few months since last time I entered a new school, but it's always scary. New people, new classes, new teachers, new buildings. Everything is new, and I have to blend pretty fast, so that I won't be the easiest target for bullies. But frankly, it's all scary.

We just moved here to London. Because when people were starting to notice what was happening in our house in Mullingar, my parents decided it was time to move. Long story short, the day after it had happened again, a neighbour knocked on the door to ask what all the shouting and noise was about. So my parents wanted to move, because if one neighbour had noticed, surely others were getting suspicious, and my parents couldn't have any of that.

So, here I am, outside this ginormous school, with a lot people walking in and out of the main doors. I'm getting more and more nervous as the seconds passed. I ruffle my blonde hair with my hands, a nervous habit I had. And then I was starting biting my nails, another bad habit I had when I was nervous.

"You shouldn't bite your nails, you know. It has like more bacterias than a toilet seat... Or a clean one maybe. Something... That's what I've heard anyways." I heard someone say behind me. I turned around and the person who said this was, wow. He was handsome, alright, and so cute. With piercing, blue eyes and brown, messy hair. He was about my height and he looked gorgeous. And no, I was not straight. I was, in fact, bi, not that it should really matter. But it is one of the many reasons why my father doesn't want to talk to me.

"Sorry, it's a bad habit I have when I'm nervous." I nervously say to him.

"Why are you nervous? First day of school or something?" He asked curiously.

"Um, yeah, first day. Always a bit overwhelming." I said and looked down at my shoes.

"Oh, you just moved here?" He asked, not seeming bothered by my shyness.

"Yeah, f-from.. Um.. M-Mullingar." I stuttered to him. Then I looked up at him at saw him smiling down at me.

"Wow, Mullingar, huh. Ireland. So exciting! I've never been there, but I hear it's amazing. Why did you move?" He asked, not knowing that it was a sensitive topic.

"Um, no biggie. Just wanted to... Get out of there, you know." I lied, hoping he would believe it. He looked suspicious for a second, because I am a really bad liar. But he soon started asking me other things. Wow, was he a talker.

"Um, do you know where the registration-office, or something, os? I have to meet someone, to get my books and stuff." I asked him.

"Do you mean the administration-office? Why don't I just walk you there? It's hard to explain where it is, especially if you're me. I suck at explaining, all my friends say so." He said and walked through the big wooden doors in to the school.

"What's your name, by the way?" He asked, and I really didn't want to answer, but that would be rude. It's not like I can go two years, if we even stay here for that long, without anyone knowing my name. I just wasn't prepared to say it out loud.

"Um, Niall." I said and looked at my shoes again.

"Oh, what a cute name. I'm Louis." He said and took out his hand for me to shake it, and I did.

"Cool." Was my, very short, answer. Wow, what a lame answer.

"Well, we're here now!" And it was a big door with the letters "Administration-office".

"Oh, well, thank you so much, Louis." I said and smiled.

"No problem. Nice to meet you, Niall. I'm sure we'll meet again." He said and winked at me. Then he turned on his heel leaving a smittened me.