Chapter Seven: Lost

"Fayte! Come back!" Destiny continued to cry. It was no use of course, but she continued to roam through the woods and call her name anyway.  She sighed, and leaned against a tree looming, towering over her. Destiny put her head in her hands, and helplessly let the tears fall. She couldn't help what had happened that night anymore than she could help what had happened on a similar night sixteen years ago. Her stomach felt sick at the thought, and she could hardly breathe. 

'My father was a Shadow Wolf...he was a General for the Dark Army. I'm part Shadow Wolf. I have a SISTER, and mother never even I told me!' Her own tears interrupted her thoughts, but she realized she didn't really blame her mother. She cried harder as her thoughts turned again to her father. 'My father is dead! I'll never meet him...

Suddenly, Destiny felt a hand on her shoulder. She spun around, drawing the small blade she carried.

"Whoa!" A familiar voice cried, backing up a step.

"Ivy, would you stop doing that!?" Destiny cried, lowering her knife. Ivy smiled a little, and Destiny wiped away her tears. 

"Sorry- I just thought you might want to know...I found Fayte."

"You what? Where is she?" Destiny exclaimed.

"She's...she's in a place forbidden to White Wolves." Ivy frowned, and sat on a gnarled root exposed  from the ground. Destiny sat beside her, and for a moment all was quiet.

"The Mirror Pool is forbidden to Shadow Wolves, but I took Fayte to it. And you; though I didn't intend for it." She smiled.

"You really want to go...does that mean you believe the reflection?"

"The pool has never lied. Course, that doesn't make things any easier...I mean my father is dead and I have a sister, neither of which Mother told me about."

"I'm sorry..."

"It's fine, I guess. You didn't do anything. Can you take me to her?"

"I was hoping you'd say that, but she might not wish to see you."

"You could get her to listen, couldn't you? I get that it's hard to...absorb everything, but maybe we could make things better- together."

"Or she could report you."

"We're sisters," Destiny said firmly, rising from the root. "she won't; not if family means anything to her." Ivy smiled sadly, then nodded.

"Then we'd better get going. The Night is an important place to the Shadow Wolves, and we don't want to get caught by those loyal to my mother, the Shadow Queen."

"The Night...it was named for a queen in a myth, right?"

"Yes; we need to go now." Ivy said hastily, and Destiny agreed. They began to run, Ivy going just ahead, until they came all the sudden to a stop. This part of the forest was pitch black, until they went in several yards. Purple flowers began to blossom, releasing a glow like that of the stars. Destiny gazed in awe, as she walked on. She had never seen anything like them before, and they were beautiful. 

"There," Ivy whispered, pointing toward a small, shadowy figure standing in a clearing. Destiny's heart began to race; she had found her sister.