Chapter 1

She tried to be perfect in being imperfect.

Sharlene looked at herself one more time in her whole body mirror in her closet. She had to be perfect. From her locks to her designer shoes, everything had to be perfect.

At least that’s how people should think she is.

She sprayed her new perfume on her neck, wrist and back of her knees. She opened a drawer in her walked-in closet and tried to choose which watch to use. She finally settled for the sparkling one. 

She walked out of her closet and hung her bag on her shoulder.  She looked at herself one more time in her mirror. Curls, check, neat uniform, check, pearl earrings, check, watch, check, contact lens, check, blush on check, lipstick, check, shoes, check. She’s good to go.

“Perfect.” She said to herself in the mirror.

This is how her early morning routine is. She wakes up at four in the morning doing a lot of stuff in the bathroom. Choosing what accessories to wear, curling her hair and applying layers of make-up.

It takes hours to be perfect on the outside.

She went to her car where her driver and yaya are waiting.

“Breakfast mo.” Her Yaya Meding said as she hand her brown paper bag.

“Thanks, Yaya.” She smiled and entered her car.

She arrives at school at six thirty in the morning but she stays in the car for the next few minutes until it’s five minutes until assembly.

Sharlene checked her watch one more time and it’s 6:55. Just in time. She opened the door and got out of the car. Her driver just rolled his eyes. He couldn’t understand why it would take such a long time for her to get out of the car. Such a waste of gas and time.

Sharlene walked with a now crowded gate. The assembly starts in a few minutes. She headed for the gate and suddenly, people made a way for her. The crowd divided making an aisle for her.She just walked as her heels clicked on the tiled floor.

BOOM.

Books splashed on the floor when Sharlene stepped into the lobby of the school. Sharlene stopped dead on her tracks, her expression still seriously annoyed. She eyed the freshman that had bumped her and now on her feet. The boy was tripped and now the boy is touching her right shoe.

“What now?” Sharlene asked as she looked down on the boy. He hurriedly sat up straight and grabbed his books.

“Sorry po. Sorry.” Sabi nito.

Sharlene looked up with a smirk on her face. For some reason she turned her head and saw a boy looking at her. She gave no expression and just walked ahead without even looking at the boy who bumped her.

                                                                   X x x x

Nash rolled his eyes. What a sight to see. First day pa lang niya sa school na yun at yun pa talaga ang unang-una niyang makikita.

He was sitting uncomfortable in the lobby, waiting for the assembly to start when he started hearing a splash. Napatingin siya malapit sa gate at nakita niya ang isang lalaki na nasa sahig na. A girl so polished stopped walking and looked at the boy. It was a deadly look, he thought.

The people were of a different level. He can tell by the ID laces. The boy is a freshman while the girl is a senior like him.

The girl said something to the boy and the boy suddenly didn’t know what to do.