Chapter 2

Sharlene glanced at her rosegold Anne Klein watch for the third time. It’s 6:45 in the morning. She looked at her iPod and pressed rewind for the nth time. The song has been on repeat since last night. She didn’t realize on how much she missed the song.

‘Just one more time.’ She promised herself. Just one last repeat until she heads out of her car and dive in to the sea of people. She looked out of her window. She didn’t know it would only take a guy for her to have a trip to the memory lane.

She glanced at her wrist watch once again. It’s almost assembly time. She tossed her iPod inside her bag as song as the song was finished. She stepped out of her car and walked towards the other students entering the school’s lounge. People separated creating a spacious walkway for her as if she’s some VIP. Well, she has to be, she is the heiress to Crisostomo Enterprise afterall.

Well, people have different takes on that. Obviously, Celine Crisostomo is kind, smart, industrious, simple and beautiful while Sharlene Crisostomo is just self-centered, stuck-up, mean and stupid. There are several people who think that Celine will most likely inherit a huge part of Crisostomo Enterprise while they guessed that Sharlene will just spend the Crisostomo fortune. Sharlene seem to have a very luxurious life.

Sharlene walked to Nikki and Angel who were busy ranking the guys passing by with their minds. Sharlene rolled her eyes at the sight of them.

“Hi, Sharlene!” Nikki and Angel said in unison. They all made beso and sat on the bench waiting for the bell.

“He’s in Section A.” Nikki uttered giving confused looks from Sharlene.

“The new boy. He’s in Section A.” Angel explained.

“Oh.” Sharlene replied as if sending her back to her world.  ‘Great.’ she thought. Now she’d have another boy to deal with. Another boy to win so her friends can be satisfide with such achievement.

“He has to be.” Sharlene answered. “There is no way Celine could be friends with a guy like him if he’s not her classmate.” She gave a smile.

“He’s over there.” Nikki pointed out.

Sharlene talked to herself. What was she supposed to do? Embarrass herself once again in front of the new boy that she does not really give a damn with?

The bell rang earning a sigh of relief from Sharlene. It was just the morning and she didn’t want to deal with her friends antics on boys.

The three of them stood up and lined up for the assembly.

XxXxX

“Nash.”

Tumalikod si Nash para tignan kung sino ang tumawag sa kanya. It was Celine who was trying to catch up his pace.

“Hi, Celine, what’s up?” he smiled at her. It was so easy since she’s so kind on his first day yesterday.

“Ah, I’ve talked to Mrs. Calleja.” She said as they walked together towards their first class.  “She said that your transcript in your old school were impressive. She is wondering if you wanted to be part of the tutor committee?” she asked looking at him intently.

He looked at her. The hope in her eyes is so obvious that he can’t turn her down.

“Sure.” He said as they entered the classroom and sat together.

“You sure?” she asked once again. Nash can see how happy she was with such answer.

“Yes.” Nash answered.

“Thank you!” Celine said sincerely and Nash was touched by it. It was so hard to find someone so sincere nowadays, specially the ones who always try to impress him.