Chapter 6

Sorry for making you wait always! Huhuhu! Thank you so much for the support! Comment and vote please. :) /heartpaper

Chapter 6

Sharlene glanced at the wall clock on at Helga's Diner for the third time. The clock displays 10:30. It's already 10:30 in the morning. She grabbed her strawberry milkshake that has been sitting on her table for more than thirty minutes now. Droplets of water outside the glass start to slide down to the surface of the table. Even it's coldness can't cool her head anymore. Drew Magsaysay is making her wait.

It's Saturday morning. She finally agreed to tutor Drew on Calculus that he was having a hard time understanding. She settled the glass back to it's original place and glanced at the clock again. How did she get in that situation anyway?

It was one of those dismissals where Sharlene found herself just walking around the school. Nasa gym siya noon when he found a boy crying. She knew that they were of the same year based on the color of the name plate sewed on his polo. Sharlene did her best not to care but the crying boy bothered her.

"Why are you crying?" Sharlene had said as she flipped her hair and sat beside the who was crying on the bleachers. 

The boy just looked at her. Familiar with her face, the boy just gestured for her to go.Sharlene was just practicing pissing people off back then and she really wanted to be nosy.

"Ano nga problema mo? Babae?" tumawa ng malakas si Sharlene. Judging by the thick glasses, messy hair on this boy, she knew that a girl is not the problem. She looked at him again and she knew that puberty can be kind to him. He's just 13 afterall.

"You wouldn't understand, Sharlene Crisostomo." he said as he wiped his tears. He knew her, of course. Who wouldn't? Daughter of a CEO to a multi-million company, who would not give a damn about her existence?

"Ouch." Sharlene said as she held on hand over to her heart, faking the hurt. "What is it that I can't understand?" she asked him.

"This." he said as he showed papers into Sharlene's hands. Nagulat si Sharlene. "Pero sigurado ako na mas mababa pa yung nakuha mo." mahinang tawa ng lalake na hindi kilala ni Sharlene. Napataas ng kilay si Sharlene noon. Afterall, she is in Class D.

She unfolded the papers that were somehow soaked in his tears and crumpled out of anger, probably.

Drew Magsaysay.

That was written on the paper. A Math Exam,Algebra, for the third quarter. He got a 78. Just a little above the passing mark. It was really not a problem, he passed. But for someone in class A and who has constantly graced the stage for an award, 78 will leave a stain on a record. Sharlene smirked as she browsed the paper and laughed when she saw what he did.

"Nag-aaral ka ba? Problema sa bahay? Pinagdadaanan? Ano'to?" patuloy na pagtatanong ni Sharlene. By that time, Drew already stopped crying and just looked at her, insulted. A girl from Class D is making fun of him. Oh, he had heard rumors on how stupid the Crisostomo heiress is. Teachers never stop talking about it.

"Bakit, ikaw ba alam mo ba yan?" mayabang na tanong ni Drew noon.

"For someone who just met me, you are quite judgemental!" sabi ni Sharlene at hinugot ang ballpen sa palda niya.  

"Ano ba 'to? Hindi naman kasi ganyan ang pagsolve niya, dapat i-conjugate mo muna. Ganito." she said as she scribbled on the paper. Drew moved closer as she solved on his paper. He tilted his head and then looked at her as if seeing her in a different light.