Chapter 4

"Excuse me sir....but have you seen this girl?" The guy I asked looked at the picture. His hair was blonde and he looked to be about as old as Lily. Lily was my younger sister so of course, he was younger than me.
"I have actually..." He spoke in a heavy Romanian accent.
"Really?! Where have you seen her?" He turned and pointed to a castle. It was sitting on top of a cliff that was surrounded by woods. It was very creepy looking a desolate. "She.....she's in there?"
"Yes. I'm afraid that if you go to get her.....it may be too late...."
"Too late? Are you saying my sister is dead?"
"Not dead. Something more than dead. A monster." My stomach churned again, but not with worry. With anger.
"How DARE you speak about my sister that way?!" I shoved him. He looked at me apologetically.
"Hey buddy chill! That isn't what I meant! I'm being serious......I don't think this girl is human anymore! No one that goes into that castle ever comes back human! That's why there's a curfew."
"Not human? What the......what are you talking about?" By this point I was convinced he was just messing with me. He sighed and ran his fingers through his hair.
"Look, buddy. Your sister isn't coming back so I suggest you don't go in there to get her...."
"If she's in there I'm going in no matter what. What do you mean by not human anyway?"
"I mean she's one of them now. Or close to it."
"Dude, one of what?" He was starting to get on my nerves.
"You wouldn't believe me if I told you...." He started to walk away but I grabbed his arm.
"Tell me....please....." He sighed, sounding a little annoyed, and turned to me again.
"A vampire......." A VAMPIRE?! This guy had to be joking.
"Ha ha very funny." I said, my voice powdered with disbelief.
"It's not funny at all. Vampires are very dangerous and I advise you not to go into that castle. If you are going just don't go alone....."
"What if you came with me? Since you know so much." I still didn't believe him. He stared at me.
"If I came....would you believe me?"
"If what you say is true then yeah."I shrugged. At first this theory seemed completely redundant but now....since he sounded so serious.
"Ok. We'll set out tomorrow at dawn. Pray to god the night never falls...."