Chapter 10

The room was filled with coffins in a row. My stomach churned. A coffin on the end opened as soon as I took a step away. The other coffins quickly did the same. What I saw next was utterly horrifying. Grey and thin creatures crawled out of each coffin. Each one of them had the face of a different type of bat and puncture wounds on their thin necks. I shivered. I could barely stand normal bats. Each one of them sprinted towards me. I screamed and backed into a corner. I didn't have a steak or holy water or my cross. They were all taken away when i was put into the coffin from earlier. The vampires hissed at me. Some grabbed at me. They opened up enough so that I could see the window. The moon was high in the sky.
     Screams could be heard from upstairs and the vampires froze and stared at the side of the room to which I entered. A blood curdling howl split the air. Growls got closer and closer as they echoed down the steps. The vampires fled away from me and hid in a dark corner. I stood there shivering. In the dim light I could see a large wolf scramble into the room. Dragos's words echoed in my head. "......try to last until tomorrow night...."
     The wolf sniffed and found the frightened vampires in the corner. It started ripping them to shreds. Blood spilled onto the floor. I felt like throwing up. Small and soft hands grabbed my arm. It was Lily!
"LILY WHATS GOING ON?!"
"He came in from outside and killed Dracul and Vlademira. Why he spared me I have no idea but it looks like he's gonna spare you too....." I looked over to the corner. The beast and I made eye contact and it dropped the carcase it was eating from it's bloody jaws. It growled. "Possibly not...." Lily stood in front of me. I remembered that Dragos told me the werewolves did as the vampires instructed so a little bit of hope was sparked for my life. She held out a hand to the wolf. "What did you say your friend's name was?" She asked me, keeping her eyes on the wolf.
"Dragos."
"Calm, Dragos........don't eat him.....he isn't food......." Dragos sniffed her outstretched hand and let out a soft whine.
'He's like a giant puppy.....' I thought, slowly making my way to the stairs. Dragos saw me move and growled at me. He calmed down when Lily pet his giant furry head.
"Go ahead and go, Teddy...." Lily looked at me through the corner of her eye.
"But I can't leave without you!"
"I can't go back......I'm a monster...."
"But........we can figure something out...." She smiled a little and shook her head.
"Just tell mom that I love her......ok?" My eyes teared up and I hugged her, nodding. Dragos growled and barked when I touched her. Lily smiled again. "I love you brother....."
"I love you too......" I bolted up the stairs, my cellphone falling from my pocket.