She thinks you're cheating

You slowly opened the door, shutting it behind you after a long day of work. Your boss had increased your work hours and it was driving you crazy. The money was good but you never had any time for yourself or your girlfriend.

You breathed out a sigh of relief as you looked at the time. The clock read 8:32pm meaning you still had a couple hours left to yourself. As you turned the corner making your way to the living room, you noticed a dark figure sitting on the couch.

"Lauren...why is it so-" she turned on the lamp right next to her before you finished your sentence. It was rare that she would wait up for you like that, especially when she had to wake up early every morning. You couldn't help but notice that she was holding something in her hand. A picture.

You decided to ignore it, walking over to her and lightly kissing her cheek only for her to turn the other way.

"You were out with him again right...?" She ask not making any eye contact still. You paused not sure what she was talking about, then realizing what she meant.

"If your asking about who I think you're asking about then, yeah. We went for drinks to talk..." she was silent for a few seconds before shoving the photo in your hand, walking off. The picture was of you and a high school friend of yours from a couple of weeks ago. It had made it to the front page of a magazine cover. Something you knew was eventually going to happen.

You tossed the paper back onto the chair, walking after your girlfriend. She was in the kitchen already sipping from a beer bottle turned the other way. "...you have to be completely crazy to believe this shit." She put the bottle down, finally looking at you. Her eyes were dark sending chills through you.

"And you have to be completely full of yourself to think that I wasn't going to find out." Her words were sharp but you've heard worse from her. You didn't want to give up that easily but you were so tired of having to prove yourself to her.

You made your way to your bedroom packing a few clothes into a bag, deciding it was best to get out of the house.

"I'm leaving, don't come looking for me Lo..."
you spoke softly to her, she refused to look up. You made your way to the door looking back one last time. You were over it.

A/N: the next chapter is gonna be happier I promise lol. My updates suck you guys but school has been really draining me. Will update again soon. Thank you all for reading💕 -Angela