2

I didn't know what to think. My head wasn't big enough to fit all my thoughts in. I was baffled, puzzled, irritated with Liam, but most of all, unpleasantly happy. Why was I happy? I'll tell you why. Louis said that he loved me. Louis; the one person I never expected to say it with a deeper meaning, had said that he loved me. I suppose, you'd think that I would bring up my own feelings about him to his face, right? Especially after what happened; I mean, things like that definitely don't happen without a reason, at least not when you're totally sober. If so, you're wrong. I was frightened. I stood in my bathroom, staring at my reflection in the mirror, my hands were on either side of the sink, and my body leaned forward. It was late at night and I couldn't sleep; my mind has been filled with all those new emotions, all those words I could say to my crush.

“I need you. I don't care about the consequences.” He said.

“You're good.” He said.

“Gimme a kiss.” He said.

“I think I love you.” He said.

“Niall, no matter how long you stare at the mirror for, it will not crack.” I jumped up when I heard a voice behind me. My knees nearly touched the floor before I sprinted back up and straightened my body that was now facing the one and only Louis.

“Louis.” I stated.

“I can't sleep...” He sighed and shrugged at the same time. He looked so cute, so adorable, I just wanted to hug him there and then, “Do you mind, if I... Emm... Well...”

He seemed lost for words and I just couldn't look at him nervous.

“Yeah, sure, after all, you know where the bed is, right Boo?” I studied his facial expressions and to my surprise, he didn't frown at the name I'd just called him. He just chuckled and headed towards the rectangle piece of furniture in the middle of the room.

I knew I couldn't do anything. He would have had a perfect view of me from the bed; the bathroom was directly in front of it. I couldn't panic, I couldn't also sleep in the bathroom, and I couldn't escape using the bathroom window, 1. Because the window was too small and 2. Because I didn't really want to die trying to commit suicide by jumping from my floor. I took a deep breath in and began walking away from the cold tiles of the bathroom, towards the wooden floor of my bedroom.

“Finally Nialler.” He giggled and although I could barely make out his face, I knew that he was grinning.

“So, Niall.” He broke the silence. I'd just managed to get under the cover and I was thankful that I decided to buy the biggest duvet I could find otherwise I'd have to scrunch myself next to him with would've been rather uncomfortable and definitely awkward, “I guess me and you... We'd definitely changed our direction, ey?” Louis. He always kept positive and always knew how to break the awkward barrier.

I couldn’t help it but chuckle. My muscles instantly relaxed.

“Give me your permission to confess.” He finally cheered.

“What are you on about?” I asked, befuddled.

“Just give me your permission to confess.” He repeated.

“Erm, alright? I give you my permission to confess.”

“Thanks.” He laughed.

I awaited his confession. Seconds or even minutes passed, silence filled the air. Necessary to say, it was a nice silence, I enjoyed it. It wasn't awkward; much as I expected it to be, to my surprise, I was comfortable like that. I focused on his quiet heart beat and the way he took each and every single breath.