Jason and Percy p.1

Jason's Point of View

I have no clue what to do about this.

Piper is dead. Gone. No more. She will never walk upon this Earth again. And it's my fault. She's dead because I let go of her hand.

~Flashback~

I broke the boulder blocking the only escape by summoning a lightning bolt. It drained most of my energy. That was where I made my fatal mistake. If I hadn't of brought down lightning, I would've had enough energy to pull her back up.

We were running away from, well, no other way to put it than, Nico. He summoned the dead and they turned on us. They turned on him too. He was ripped to shreds. He's gone, too.

Nico wasn't alive anymore to stop the dead from turning to the shadows, surrounding us, us seven of the prophecy, and killing a few. Leo and Annabeth. They're gone. So is Nico. The ones who were alive were Hazel, Frank, Percy, Piper, and me. Some sun broke in, since we were surrounded by shadows, I thought that it would be safe to be in. It was a spot big enough for three people to stand comfortably in. I grabbed Piper and Percy, put them in the spot, and pushed Hazel there too.

After me and Frank tore through some shadows, the spot got bigger. I nudged Frank to join the others, since my idea of the sunlight being safe from the dead shadows seemed to be true.

~End of Flashback~

I sat down in the Argo II, thinking how I had failed. We were still at dock, and just wasting time thinking how to get this thing moving again.

I looked up to see Percy standing next to me.

"I know how it feels, man," Percy stated, staring at the ocean.

"She's gone. Both Annabeth and Piper are dead, as in never coming back!" I said.

"And Leo. Leo, the one who would keep us upbeat, and the one who knew how to fly this dang thing." He kicked the railing. I could hear Festus growling a few feet away.

"Could you control it? I mean, you can drive ships, can't you?"

"I don't know. Maybe. But where do we go? I mean, Athens, maybe?"

"I don't know. Maybe Annab- never mind." I could see Percy's face tighten up at the name. "Sorry, man."

"It's fine. She still exists. Just not here on Earth. If Nico were still here as well, I probably could talk to her. I wonder if I can Iris-message her from up here on Earth to the Fields of Elysium. I hope that's where she is, anyway."

"Yeah but that's the thing. They're not here anymore. How do we continue the quest without the guy who flys this giant ship and without one of our leaders?" I raised my voice to almost shouting.

Percy just stared at the sea, then at me, then at the sea. He looked down to his shoes, and I saw a tear fall from his face.

~Flashback~

I could see light. I could see freedom just ahead of me. I was pulling Piper behind me, keeping her in as much sun as possible, which was really hard, running towards the light at the end of the tunnel I ran into.

I don't think I'll hold out much longer. I took quick, nervous steps to make sure Piper makes it to safety.

As I stumbled in the light, I realize how absolutely screwed we were.

The light wasn't there, I think I was lured by the Mist.

The narrow tunnel we'd been in lead us to a big open cavern, with a drop off about ten feet away.

"Piper," I breathed. "I don't think we're going to make it out alive."

"But, that can't be! We can't just die here! How could the gods allow that?!" She screamed. With every breath we took the shadows got closer, and closer, and kept pushing us back near the edge, and kept coming closer, and closer, until we were at the edge of a very long drop off.

"Piper?"

"Yeah?"

"I love you."

"Love you to."

"Goodbye, see you in Elysium."

"You too."

I think we both knew what was coming.

I turned around to face the drop off, and jumped.

~End of Flashback~

"I don't know, I really don't. I'm gonna go take a nap. Scream if you need anything," Percy said.

"See ya later."