chapter 3

*Emily's POV*

It's been about 2 days since I last saw mikey... I wonder if he just doesn't like me? I get up and get ready for the day, really don't know what to do with me self cause I don't have any friends here. I go on Netflix and start watching Disney movies, just like a little kid. I'm in sweats and a baggy tee shirt, hoping not t have to see people today. once I finish watching The Little Mermaid, I start watching The Loin King, about half way through the doorbell rings. I get up and walk to the door and see mikey standing there, I was embarrassed about my appearance. He invites me to come to his house tonight him and some friends were going swimming in his pool , I can meet some of his friends. "what's your number by the way? I didn't get it the other day'' he says. I give him my number and I get his. "be at my house at 5, it starts at 6 but I want to tell you about my friends first, there a bit crazy" he says. I nod and say ill be there! I run upstairs and hop in the shower and start to get ready. I only put on a little bit of makeup cause we will be swimming and I curl my hair loosely, so it doesn't look like I tried hard. I grab my cutest bathing suit, its a hot pink top that's a bit flashy and black bottoms, then some cute white shorts and a see through white top.

*5:00 pm*

I walk down to Mikey's with my purse and a towel. I get to his door and he welcomes me in, I meet his mom who is very nice and funny. then we go up to his room and turns on some music. He opens his closet and ask's me what he should wear, I pick a light blue shirt and gray faded Hollister bathing suit bottoms. He leaves to get dressed , he comes back and starts modeling it for me, I couldn't help but laugh. we go down stairs and go out back to the pool. we sit there for a few minutes and wait for his friends to come. I asked him how many of his friends were going to be there, he said about 8. ''how many girls?''     ''about 4 girls were invited'' he said. first to come were Madison and Jason, they were both really nice. Then 2 more boys came in, nick and Vinny. I was talking to Madison and Vin, Then all the girls came in at once. their faces dropped, I asked what was wrong and they both said those girls are bitches "I don't know why mikey would invite them..'' Vinny said. I got a little scared, Mikey came to me and said'' come on I wanna introduce you to the girls!'' I walk over to them and none of them smiled. mikey told me their names, Alexa, Mary, Sammy, and Montana. none of them said hi, they just gave me a weird look.. I just walk back to Madison and Vinny and they tell me their the 'popular girls' and mikey just likes to have them around and he used to date Montana.. but they broke up and stayed friends. ''Montana's always trying to get back with mikey'' Madison said.  I felt my heart drop a little. I over hear the girls talking to mikey "who's that trash bag, and why is she here?''  Mikey stands on his feet and yells "because she 1000 times better than you guys, LEAVE, LEAVE NOW!"   the girls walk out in a line and all say ew to me and the last girl pushes me on my back a little. I just sit there like I didn't care, mikey came over and apologized for inviting them, he just thought maybe I could make some girl friends. I tell him its okay cause I already made some friends, pointing at Madison and Vinny. we all just start taking off our clothes so we can swim, im a bit insecure about my body so I was scared of what they would think of me. Before I knew it mikey picked me up bridal style and jumped in the pool with me, still holding me we come back up laughing and we looked into each others eyes, it was different though it was a special look. I rolled out of his arms and started swimming away. we all just swam for the rest of the night and had fun. around 11 we started a bonfire in the back yard. me and Vinny were the first ones to get there while to other boys dried off.

''Mikey likes you.." vinny said

''nah I don't think so''

''I can tell by the way he looks at you, and he may have mentioned something to me and the boys, he even called dibs before we got here!''

''really?!''

''yeah! do you like him or anything?''

''yeah I do but Vin please don't tell him! I don't want to rush anything!"

Vinny agrees and all the boys come over and we just talk around the fire. I got home around 1am, I had an amazing time and finding out what Mikey thought of me was amazing! ..