Chapter Twenty-two

With her bags all carried upstairs, Stacy on the way, and the Romanians posted outside her door (Seriously, right outside the door) it was time to take care of some business.

She finally felt completely on schedule and not jet lagged, and for the first time in days was successfully out from under the watchful eye of Mr. Wrong Last Name (well as much as one could be under house arrest) so she tried to figure out where the best place was to start.

She made reservations for Nautika (which has been voted the sixth most romantic restaurant in the world!) knowing that everyone would be watching that... paparazzi, law enforcement, Wrong Last Name, etc. If she was gonna girls night, she was really gonna girls night. Next up was calling La Rinascente in Milan to secure a few things from Carolina Herrera's new collection. She was about to up the "Southern Girl meets Target and NYC boutiques" quite a bit. Partly because she needed to for the meetings to come, and partly because Wrong Last Name mistakenly told her to not go to the bank. The poor person on the phone at Rinascente tried to offer her several other designers, and she had to be pretty firm about it. She wanted Carolina, period.

She got out the satellite phone and called The Husband. All was well on the home front. The Big Kid was finishing up finals and ready to come home while the little kid was busy being the little kid.

"Husband, have you heard anything about Tulum?" she asked.

He sighed before answering. "No- I've got people on it though. You know the government has closed several resorts lately and has been using the excuse that they didn't pay their taxes, they are linked to organized crime, several other things. There are going to be properties everywhere up and down the strip that are available. But the one, I don't know it doesn't seem like it's for sale at any price."

He had really been thorough and sounded awful he hadn't been able to deliver for her... yet.

"Hey- it's ok. But I don't want just any property. I want the one," she said. "I get it that it's hard. We might have to wait. But I want the one."

"I know," he said. "I know. And I'm working on it. And I'll get it. But in the meantime you have the three I bought for you in Soliman Bay!" he laughed.

"Three?? I can only stay in one at a time!" she laughed.

"Well baby I am diversifying your portfolio. Remember new job equals stupid money."

"I do remember you said that," she said. "And I love and appreciate you. Have I told you that lately?"

The phone was silent for just a few moments before he said "I know."

"So, how is the Asia and acquisitions thing going?" she asked.

"Honestly I've been a lot more busy acquiring things for the wife than I have with acquiring new business in Asia, but I think it's going well. I just need to have you back home so I can focus on work 100%. This playing Mr. Mom and secretary for you stuff is for the birds."

She laughed. He really was something. Their arrangement the last week or so had been very Kevin Bacon and Kyra Sedgwick. One of the most successful marriages in Hollywood, they decided early on that Kevin would work and have all the opportunities until their kids were grown, and then it would be Kyra's turn. She landed the lead role as "The Closer" and won all kinds of accolades in her late 40s. They were an inspiration.

"I'll have vacationing all wrapped up very soon. Maybe next year you send me to the French Riviera?" she asked.

"We can talk about it. And by the way- The Wife as an international real estate mogul is kind of sexy. Love her," he said.