Epilogue

A few weeks had passed since the vacation of a lifetime at Palazzo Margherita and she thought to herself she wasn't sure she ever wanted to do that again.

Her toes in the sand, an amaretto sour in her hand, a large monogrammed hat and glasses that were nearly as big... now that was what she was talking about. Here in Mexico, this was the life.

"And since I'm insanely rich, my drink of choice is no longer outdated and uncool. Now these questionable choices just make me eccentric," she said to herself and smiled. "Like those little old rich ladies that wear purple every day. I'm Richie rich rich and drunky drunk drunk and here in Tulum I can do what I want!" she thought happily.

She watched the little kid inspecting the sea turtle nests and though she had to give him the eye a couple times for getting too close, he was doing his best to inspect without disturbing them. He had been watching them like a hawk almost around the clock as they should start to hatch any day.

Toto "Hold you back" came on and she promptly grabbed up her phone and said "Heck no," out loud. She had come too far to let a song take her back now. She took off her glasses and squinted at her iPhone, finding the random button eventually and promptly and appropriately Kellie Pickler started belting out "Best Days of your Life."

She set her phone down smiling, and decided she had a call to make. "Hello?" he said nervously.

"My dear man, how is my favorite Interpol agent these days?" she asked with a huge smile on her face.

Cuban Cigars was not smiling. "I am about as good as I was the last time you spoke to me," he said. "Which was just fifteen minutes ago in case you're wondering."

"Oh no, I was so hoping that your attitude would improve with time," she said. "I'm not going to have to make you my problem, am I?" her eyebrow raised. She wondered if he could tell that through the phone...

"Well, I guess not. I just want to say again, for the record, that putting out an Interpol UN Security Council Special Notice on your daughter's maybe boyfriend you don't like is a gross misuse of the system. And of international cooperation. And well, to put it mildly it's just plain wrong," he said.

She took her last sip of amaretto sour completely unfazed by the little man and his narrowed vision of right and wrong. "See that's why I gave you some time to think about it. Is it the fact that it is a 'wanted for violation of UN sanctions' warning? Too much? Should I downgrade it to a green?"

She waited for his response, anxious with anticipation.

After what seemed like a very long pause on the other end of the line she finally got an answer from him. "I guess I could do green," he said.

"You see! I knew you were a can do man!" She smiled broadly and hollered at the little kid "Get back from that nest, you're too close!"

"A threat to public safety..." he said, then grumbled something that was indiscernible.

She smiled broadly at what an awesome problem solver she could be when she really set her mind to it. Nothing like a diplomatic solution... "Nice chat, Cigars! I'll be looking for that notice, adios!"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Somewhere in the Adriatic Sea Vandy was plotting his entrance.

Unlike Castillo, originally he had not felt the least bit slighted about the transfer passing them both over. He had a lot of money, and didn't need the stress or notoriety that came with being a cartel head. He was just fine raking in EL Jefe's tithe that was dutifully sent Vandy's way each month, payback for the situation they all went through in Guatemala. That was until he heard about Peron.