Rejected~ Intro.

"You're ugly! I feel sorry for whoever is mated to you!!!" Bethany, the head cheerleader, shouted after pouring her pink lemonade on me. I was a tom-boy; it couldn't be helped. Still, I couldn't hit Bethany, or even fight back. She was the alpha's daughter, and I had to obey her, even if she won't be the alpha. But her brother will be, oh her brother.  I'd be lying if I said I didn't have a crush on him. Everyone was in love with Valentin; who wouldn't be? He was utter perfection.

I wasn't. I was overweight, ugly. Short and choppy hair from when her brother's cut it off in her sleep, and wore baggy clothing, sometimes if not always male. I wished to be like Bethany; blond and beautiful, who enjoyed wearing pink and was on the cheer leading team. Who could have any boy fancy her with the flick of a wrist. Boys noticed me because of how different I was, but I didn't want to be different. I wanted to be like the model girls you would see in magazines, like the perfect beings that her pack was filled with. The amazing graceful girls that hated her.

They hated her because she was one word; Different. If she had been like them, curvy, obnoxious, blond and a cheerleader, would they still hate her? Or would they be friends and not  enemies? But still, different was all my mind could fathom.Still, a girl could dream; couldn't she?

~~~~

By the time school was over, I had already been forced to change into my gym clothes, or be forced to smell like pink lemonade for the rest of the day. I decided with changing into my gym clothes, than smell like something with the word 'pink' in it. Pink... What if I liked pink? What if I wasn't a tom boy? Would Valentin... would he go for me? No. That was too unfathomable, and I couldn't even wrap my mind around it. How could I think something so absurd? Valentin went for the beautiful, pretty girls; girls who were like models. Yet, I couldn't even understand any reason why I would even begin to think something so... so far off in la la land, to a point where I was nearly mental.

I hope you saw that 'nearly'. I was on the edge of sanity, the course of being insane pulsing through my veins. How much more could I take of this abuse? Packs stood up for each other, protected one another, and they still treated me like this. Even my two older brothers treated me horridly, and did you catch that 'older brothers' in there? Family. We were pure blood, related and they treated me this way. Why couldn't I have the cliche brothers, the ones who had the 'if you hurt my sister' talk with my mate, the ones who beat up anyone who hurt me? Why did they have to be the ones to hurt me?

And speaking of my brothers, where were they? I was constantly checking the clock above the entryway every five minuets, and it was nearly midnight. Usually, they were home by now. Drunk, but home with some slut on their arm.

And why the athmosphere become so dark all of a sudden? Why was I becoming sca- "BOO!!!" A voice shouted in my ear, causing me to jump.

I screamed as I flew off the love seat, hearing male voices crackle up laughing as my heart beat faster and faster inside my chest. Turning, I saw my brothers and Valentin, along with a few other males my brother's ages with them, laughing and holding masks. One was a werewolf; the irony really. Both of my brothers held a scary clown mask, knowing I was terrified of clowns.

And Valentin... I felt the silver cord wrap around our wrists, drawing us together like the other mated wolves had told us about. Soul mates... Mates...

To say I wasn't jumping for joy would be an understatement; this feeling was pure bliss. The feeling of finding my mate and being able to be together forever. Electric. The pull of the cord, binding us emotionally and physically, connecting us. So powerful. Being mated to the soon to be Alpha, was exciting. Being mated to the Alpha meant my power wold increase, my stamina, my strength, my senses would become more alert. Alpha Female... The Luna.

"I'm kicking you out." Valentin's familiar voice broke through my reverie, and I found him glaring at me, with such hate. I didn't think it was possible. Kicking me out? "We can't have weak wolves like yourself in our strong pack. We have a reputation to uphold, and we can't do that when we have a straggler in our way." I understood now. I understood the double meaning. He wanted to be single, he wanted to party and be free, and with a mate it was impossible. The double meaning; he was rejecting me. Not only was he kicking me out of the pack, but also breaking my heart, after I had been so joyful. Why? Why did all the bad things happen to me? "Get out, rouge." Valentin growled, sneering the last part.

Without a second thought, without any hesitation, I shifted into my wolf, running through the house's wall, and into the night sky, and staring up at the moon I couldn't help but howl in pain and misery.

Why? Why couldn't I be like Bethany?

~~~

A/N- Do you think I should change the actress playing Nikki? If you have any suggestions, comment or message me!

~Nikki Says