Chapter Nine

"If we go away, they won't find us." 

"Avalon, we need to do something."

"Like what? Go to the police?"

"Yeah, Av, it'd be the best thing to do."

"I know, it's just, this can't be happening."

"Who do you think it could be?"

"I don't know. They're in prison. They're all in prison. Nobody else would want to harm me that I know of."

"Maybe we should just go to the police."

"Carson, we should just go to New Zealand."

"They'll find us. Who ever it is will find us."

"I wish I wouldn't have said anything."

"I'm glad you did. Look at me Avalon." I looked up at Carson like he asked me to.

"I love you. I love you, and our baby more than anything in this world. I would do anything for you and you know that. I need to protect our family, though. This is real, no matter how much you or me or anyone else doesn't want it to be, it is. We're going through a hard time, and together we can make it through this. So, please. Avalon, please let me go to the police. I'll go on this trip with you, which I truly do thank you for, but I need to know you and our child will be safe. Your guys' safety is all I want, and I refuse for you to get hurt."

     I know he's trying to do the right thing, but I'm afraid.

"Avalon?"

"Av?" 

     I kept trying to reply, but I couldn't. I couldn't say a word. Why is this happening to me again? I'm not even trying to be quiet, I'm trying to speak.

"Avalon, calm down, it'll be okay."

     I started to cry. I couldn't hold back. I wasn't as strong as Carson, not even close. I don't know how he's as strong as he is. He's an amazing and intelligent person so I have to trust that he's doing the right thing for us, for me, for him, for our baby. I have to trust in him to handle this, because I can't. 

"Avalon, it's okay. Don't worry about it, I'll take care of every thing." I nodded my head unable to reply to him.

"Tell me it's okay to go to the police, Av." I cleared my throat, hoping words would come out.

"I-it's okay.." I was relieved that my voice was still there, but upset that I was most likely not going to go on this trip with Carson. I want so badly to give him something special, but yet, this happens. I don't know what to do anymore. I'm more of a bother to him than anything. He loves me, though, and that's all that matters. 

    Our love has made it through things I never thought it would, and it will fight through this battle. We can do anything together, and I need to keep reminding myself of that. All of this will be over soon. Carson will save the day, and we will make it through this. 

"I love you, Avalon." I smiled as he said this. It's like he was reading my mind.

"I love you, Carson." He leaned in and kissed me. 

    I'm safe with Carson. He won't let me get hurt again.

_______________________________________________________________________

*I lost my computer for about a month, I'm so sorry guys! I then had to catch up to where the story was, and remember where I was going to take it. Hopefully you aren't too mad at me. :p

Also, please check out my new story, Strength: 

 Sixteen year old Eden Wynn has been struggling with her body image since she was nine years old. Although her entire family is in show business, she is an outcast and has been told she is not good enough. Her health starts to deteriorate as she starves herself. At the height of her sickness, she will find strength in someone who she never thought she would... but it may be too late.

Thank you so much, guys. <3 I love you all. Once again, I'm SO sorry for the wait. :( I feel so bad.*