• Thirteen

Link was restless that night. He had only one thing on his mind, and it was Zelda (no surprise there). But, he was more focused on the time he had spent with her today. Feeling like he had done everything wrong, and once again, he was here in his bed; laying awake in the early hours of the morning and finding it hard to catch sleep.

He hated when this happened, but he wasn't surprised when it did. Link just wished that it didn't happen and never told anyone about it. Doing that would probably help him, even if it was just a little, but it was so hard getting your problems out there like that. When you didn't have anyone you trusted that deeply, it was the most difficult thing to harbor.

Eventually, he came to peaceful terms with his restless mind. Analyzing his day was not healthy for him at times, but there was always the moment when he had to accept the fact that what he did that day was done; it couldn't be taken back.

He tried to be hopeful.

Today was fine. Zelda smiled a lot around me. That made me happy. Zelda makes me happy.

Thinking of other things and people that made Link happy, he eventually drifted off into a short slumber, one that quickly ended when his alarm clock rang at five thirty in the morning.

His will to get out of bed was at a low this morning, unsurprisingly. Aryll would occasionally storm into his room and attempt to drag him out of bed, which worked well. He was hoping that would happen, because otherwise, he'd be fine with staying glued to the comfort of his bed. He would probably just stay there, anyway.

Soon enough, he heard someone running up the stairs and towards the door of his bedroom. Whoever was there didn't bother to knock or anything, and instead barged in.

It was indeed Aryll, who slapped Link's forehead. That woke him up, and he jolted upright from his sleeping position and creased his eyebrows at his younger sister.

"You didn't have to slap me," he groaned, rubbing his sore forehead.

"How else would you have gotten out of bed?" Aryll teased, then sighed. "Breakfast is ready, anyways. Get dressed and stuff before you come downstairs."

Aryll made her way out of his room, stopping at the door to say one more thing. "You're visiting Telma again after school, by the way."

Link raised an eyebrow as he climbed out of his bed. "I thought I was seeing her this weekend. On Saturday."

"I guess the schedule has been changed," Aryll said with a shrug, skipping away from his door and bounding back down the stairs.

Link got dressed and freshened up, making sure he didn't look like a zombie that day at school. Fast forward to breakfast, where he ate a small plate of pancakes and grabbed his backpack afterwards.

Link found himself at school now, going through the same boring doors and walking down the same boring hallways, expecting another boring day ahead of him.

Boring, boring, boring! But what else is there to expect from this place?

He spotted Zelda entering the school, but the bell rang all of a sudden. Had he really been that late?

Algebra went by so slowly, that Link felt all of his brain cells slowly dying as the teacher carried on and on about some sort of mathematical method, one he and most of his peers did not understand. Which is why they were given a lecture on how they must strive for better grades, and that they were irresponsible for not getting good grades. Good grades, good grades, don't fail, success, keep dreaming, children.

Everyone was falling asleep in class, and Link was on the verge of it. Their teacher never bothered to wake anyone up, and everyone already asleep was awakened by the bell.