10 | "I'm trying to help someone who hates me."

Chapter 10 "I'm trying to help someone who hates me."

Ross' POV

Why the hell do I even care ?!

was the only thought that was on my mind while leading Laura through the dancing crowd.

She was still drunk despite the two glasses of water she drank. I think she drank too much alcohol to balance it out with water.

As we made it to the kitchen, I loosened my grip on her wrist and went to the drinks to get a bottle of water for her to drink on the way home.

"Where's Maia ?", she asked with a confused face expression.

I glanced to the crowd and since I didn't spot her, I had a guess.

"Can you hand me your phone for a second ?", I asked her.

"What ?"

"Why did I even ask ?", I said annoyed while opening the front side of her bag, where it's most likely for the phone to be in.

And I was right.

I looked at the screen and sighed out loudly when I saw a message from an hour ago.

Can't drive you back home, get a ride from Jordan

Xx Maia

Ah, amazing.

I glanced at Laura again to see her looking at me curious.

"What is it ?", I asked.

"You know, you're not that ugly from this angle.", she told me thoughtfully.

I rolled my eyes but smiled lazily at her.

If I'm going to be stuck with her in her drunk state, I might as well play along with it.

"So are you stating that I'm handsome ?", I asked.

"No, no. I'm just saying that you're not that ugly from this angle. I wouldn't go that far to call you handsome.", she said stubbornly while giggling.

I chuckled before looking at her again. "You're quite something, Laura."

Well, let's think about a solution.. How the hell am I going to manage a drunk Laura Marano and bring her home safely ?

When was life ever easy ?

I glanced at her again and something about her outfit was bothering me now that we had left the closed space. The fact that it's bothering me is also bothering me a-

Goddammit Ross.

I took my jacket off and put it around her shoulders, to cover some of the skin she was showing.

Why did she even wear that kind of dress to a party full of high school students ?

"What are you doing ?", she asked as she looked up to me while I was putting it around her shoulders.