Chapter two

Cassie and Casey woke up later then the other kids. They were already downstairs with their teeth brushed and their new outfits for the day on. It was 8:30 am. Breakfast started at 10:00 they had two hours and thirty minutes to get ready. Casey groaned and got up. Cassie was already awake but she didn't want to get up without Casey so she stayed in her bed. When she heard Casey get up she smiled and got up too. They grabbed their stuff they needed and went to the bathroom. They changed their clothes and brushed their teeth. They had to put their special clothes on today because it was adoption day at the orphanage. It's not like anyone ever picked them so they didn't really even try to get noticed as much as the other kids did. Cassie had a purple sun dress on with white flip flops. Casey was wearing jean shorts and a light blue shirt with hi tops on. They walked downstairs. Casey checked the time it was 9:00 am. They had an hour left until lunch. Casey and Cassie walked to were they always sat and started to talk about things. An hour later it was time to eat. They all sat at the tables and got called up to get their food. Once again Casey and Cassie were the last ones. They didn't care though. They got a little bit of eggs, bacon and a whole bagel. They went to their table. Casey cut half of her bagel and gave it to Cassie. They started to eat. They finished at the time the rest of them did. They all threw their trash away and went back to the living room. A few families would come and take a kid or two but none of them where Cassie or Casey. It was now 7:30 pm. Casey always tells Cassie to never get her hopes up but she always does. Someone knocked on the door. Casey answered it. "Hi." She said. They looked up and saw a guys in his early twenties with dirty blonde hair. "Hey, can I talk to the person that takes care of you guys?" He asked. Casey nodded her head. "Mr. Adams. Someone is here to see you." Casey screamed. Mr. Adams walked to them. "Thank you girls now go run along and play." He said. "Hello have may I help you?" He asked the guy at the door. Casey and Cassie hid around the corner were they could see them but they couldn't see Cassie and Casey. "I'm Logan. I was looking to see if I could adopt." Logan said. "Well it's a little late but I'll let it slide. Come on in." He said. Logan smiled. "Thanks." He said. Cassie smiled. "Maybe he will adopt us." Cassie said. "Don't be stupid. He won't." Casey said. They shrugged their shoulders and went to the living room.