Plot Lines

When you're writing a fanfiction, it can be easy to forget about a plot. You may get so wrapped up in the romance that you pay no attention to the plot. This is easy to do, but it's not something that you want to do. It may be a fanfiction, but you are still writing a story. So why would you scrap the story?

Honestly, I find it hard to read fanfictions without plot lines. It's unbearably boring. But if a fanfiction does have a plot line, I'm all in. I want to see the characters face obstacles, I want there to be a turning point, and I love the sense of closure when I finish it.

I don't normally vote on stories. It's just a fact about me. I only vote on stories if they're really good. If a fanfiction has a good plot line, and a good writer, I will vote on every chapter. I'm not the only one like that, either. So if you lose the plot, you lose the votes. It's that simple.

So you need a plot line. Now what?

Now, you need to create a plot line.

And how do you do that?

You create. You're an author! You have a brain, use it to create an awesome plot line. But I can help you a little bit.

What makes an awesome plot line:

-It needs to be unexpected. Change it up! Cut the chic! Make the reader gasp when they read it! Don't do what all the other fanfics do, no matter how much you like the idea. Make your own idea, and make it better!

- Closure. Closure is when the story ends and you just have this feeling. It's final, it ended, but it's a good feeling, not a sad one (most of the time). Some good examples are the Harry Potter Books and the Percy Jackson books. The last books in these series have closure. To get closure you need to let the readers know that the characters are moving on with their lives! In the Harry Potter books-

SPOILER ALERT! DO NOT READ IF YOU HAVE NOT FINISHED THE HARRY POTTER SERIES!

It ends with Harry at Platform 9 3/4 sending his kids off to Hogwarts, with his wife, Ginny. This let the reader know that Harry moved on and he has a life outside of defeating Voldemort.

Spoiler over. You can continue reading now.

That offered closure. Likewise, in the Percy Jackson Books-

ANOTHER SPOILER! DO NOT READ IF YOU HAVE NOT FINISHED THE PERCY JACKSON BOOKS!

Percy and Annabeth decide to go to college in Camp Jupiter and it let the reader know that he and Annabeth have a future outside of fighting Kronos and Geia.

Spoiler over. You can continue.

So those are some examples of closure. Closure is amazing... use it!

- It needs to have a turning point. A story is dry without rising action, turning point, and falling action. It just is. The characters must face a problem and then solve it, and have a resolution. Every book has it, and yours should be no exception.

------------------------------------------------------
So there you go. Now go use your beautiful brains and write a plot line. Happy writing!📚