Chapter One

Willa sat in her cell, glaring at the guard who brought her the slop they dare to call food. Even though it tasted disgusting, she sat and ate it anyway. She would rather be electrocuted to death than starve.

A year ago, Willa had to live from paycheck to paycheck, killing whoever got her the most money. Now, she just sat in a cell, eating slop for breakfast, lunch, and dinner. Today there was more than usual.

"Hey!" She snapped at the guard. "There's more! Why?"

"You'll see later today." Is all he said before walking out the door.

Willa rolled her eyes before turning to the newest guard. He had sandy blonde hair and green eyes. "I suppose you're not going to tell me either?" she glared.

The guard looked at her for a moment before turning back to watch the door. "I'm not supposed to say anything, but I hear Amanda Waller's coming in today."

"Waller?" Willa asked, confused. "What's she coming in for?" She wondered aloud.

"Don't know." The guard shrugged. "That's all I heard."

Willa looked at the guard before looking back down at her slop. She glared at it before taking a bite. She shivered as the cold food entered her mouth and went down her throat. It didn't have a taste, but it still made her feel sick. She vaguely remembered when she had thrown up the first time she had eaten it.

"What is this stuff?" She had yelled at the guard who laughed.

"What's the matter?" He had, the sarcasm dripping off his tongue. "Little Birdy can't keep her food down?"

Willa closed her eyes and shook away the memory. That was her third day here. The first two days they at least gave you real food.

If you couldn't already tell, the living conditions at Belle Reve are downright awful. The place always smells of urine, no matter how many times the janitors came in at night to clean the place up, and the janitors have never gone into the cells as they were afraid of the criminals who resided in them. Once a month, every criminal has to clean up their own cell with only water and a sponge. The people that ran Belle Reeve didn't trust anyone in there with real cleaning supplies, fearful they would kill themselves.

Even though Willa's cell was as clean as she could keep it, it still had the strong smell of urine that resided throughout all of Belle Reve. Most days she's fine with it, but on days she forgets she was locked up, it makes her dizzy and sick.

Willa first thought the living conditions would be a little better than on the streets, but boy was she wrong. If anything, it's at least ten times worse than what she used to get by with.

Sometimes Willa hears rumors of Harley Quin getting locked up, but she knows the Joker would never allow that. Anyone that enters Gotham has to respect and serve his queen. Once she even heard a rumor of them capturing Killer Croc, but there's no way that that's possible, he would rather die than get locked up. At least, that's what he told her.

Croc and Harley are the only two villains Willa has really met before. She's heard of others like Inferno, Deathshot, Zoom, Captain Boomerang, and many others, but she's never encountered them.

Time went by and Willa waited patiently to see if what the guard told was true, she doubted the guard would tell her reliable information, but one could never be too safe.

Willa couldn't wait much longer. She paced back and forth in her cell, waiting for something she was almost sure wasn't going to happen. That's when the door banged open, revealing the one woman that Willa has heard so much about. Amanda Waller.